1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Likely MH370 part found by American adventurer

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by wjtracy, Mar 5, 2016.

1. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My man "Indiana Jones" Blaine Gibson finds 3 more possible MH370 pieces. Also a possible piece was found in Australia overnite.

Pending confirmation, we are approaching 15 pieces to date

Blaine Alan Gibson Finds 3 Possible MH370 Debris Pieces in Madagascar

This recent piece by Blaine Gibson seems to clearly be a seat back, suggesting the plane might have made a hard crash vs. the softer landing theory.

[​IMG]

#41 wjtracy, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  2. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  3. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Looks like Blain Gibson found around 4 more possible MH370 plane parts.
    He is up about 10 parts single-handedly...he deserves some humanitarian award.

That does not count a bunch of luggage and stuff like that. There is so much garbage in the ocean that stuff may not be from the flight.

4. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Report: MH370 pilot flew similar route on simulator - CNN.com

Recent MH370 story above: it has been confirmed there is some FBI evidence - long rumored - that the pilot's home flight simulator hard drive had some flight paths similar to the actual flight path to the Indian Ocean, if true that tends to implicate the pilot suicide explanation.

Looks like we are coming to the end of the MH 370 search for now, unless they can pinpoint the wreckage.

Although the satellite data clearly shows the Indian Ocean end-of-flight, there are number of technical reasons why it is hard to pinpoint the wreck.
    (1) If the pilot was at the controls to the end, he could have glided the plane further
    (2) There are areas where the flight path that is uncertain
    (3) There is some uncertainty in plane weight/fuel (observed weight record was bit higher than expected)

The aircraft pieces found so far tend to suggest the landing was not too violent, as if the pilot may have glided the plane down to the ocean surface. Also the ocean drift patterns of the parts tend to suggest the flight may have ended outside the current search zone (more north). There have been just a few internal parts found, suggesting the fuselage did break open, but not a million pieces as would be expected in a violent crash.

Hearts go out to the victims and families of this tragedy.

#44 wjtracy, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  5. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    UPDATE:
    As of 15-Aug-2016 about 21 parts of MH370 have been found (many by Blaine Gibson himself). In the past 2 weeks many more parts have apparently been found, but they are not included yet on the list below:

http://www.mot.gov.my/SiteCollectionDocuments/kemalangan%20udara/Summary%20of%20Debris%20Recovered.pdf

In general, the parts mostly come from the right side of the 777 aircraft body and wings and tail. but a few parts come from inside the cabin. Lot's of disagreement about the interpretation. But some feel the ocean drift patterns suggest a more northerly crash location compared to the search area.

There are active math/flying experts both inside and outside the investigation. The insider experts, who may have inside knowledge, assume a ghost flight with a dead pilot flying south into the SIO (south Indian Ocean). if that assumption is true, the plane should be resting in the current search area, but no luck so far. Increasingly the outsider math/flying experts suspect it was not a "ghost" flight and an alive pilot could have made the plane crash in a zone outside of the current search area.

6. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    US slueth Blaine Gibson back in the news, as he continues to be a one-man search effort for MH370 debris. He now reportedly has an army of helpers and he is up 13 parts found by himself, with some assist from others, with total "possible" MH370 parts found getting up to 30 or more.

MH370 search: New debris in Madagascar includes 'burnt parts' - BBC News

Blaine's latest piece has burn marks, which the media is hyping up, but keep in mind island beach locals often collect debris/waste from the beach and burn it for disposal.

I will try not to give my opinion but some people are saying Blaine is planting debris, which saddens me. I do not feel he is doing that.

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    have any government authorities declared any of the pieces authentic?

8. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Post #45 link itemizes pieces found and whether it is deemed to be definitive from MH370. The smaller pieces without part nos. are hard to verify.

bisco likes this.
  9. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    of the one confirmed, and 5 almost certain, how many were blaine's?

10. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    He has several of the most important pieces. But he did not find the big flapperons.

11. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    if they believe he found several pieces, why are they accusing him of planting others? what does that profit him?

12. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, lot's of conspiracy theorists out there.

Jeff Wise is the leading US enthusiast/book author, and he feels either (1) it is pilot-suicide/hijack and the debris is real, or (2) it is some masterminded hoax like Russia or CIA stole the plane and are trying to cover up theft of the plane by planting parts. The other theory is (3) fire on plane made it fly off course.

The genius expertise of the route flown seems to suggest (1) to many (especially when you realize the pilot practiced such flights on his home-made flight simulator). If that being case the pilot likely turned off all the black boxes so if we find the plane, we get not much.

13. PhilWray

PhilWray Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I don't believe its possible to turn off the black boxes.

14. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I did not think so either, but in my reading I believe that may be the case. Of course the voice recorder only has the last 2 hours of voice then it records over that (new regs will call for 25-hrs). Pilots say you can just pull the circuit breakers for these devices, and there has been resistance to making the devices non-turn-offable.

Here's Wikipedia MH370

Safety recommendations[edit]
    In January 2015, the US National Transportation Safety Board cited Flight 370 and Air France Flight 447 when it issued eight safety recommendations[r] related to locating aircraft wreckage in remote or underwater locations; and repeated recommendations for a crash-protected cockpit image recorder and tamper-resistant flight recorders and transponders.[303][304]

15. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    They are electrical. For safety reasons, everything electric is on circuit breakers, and the crew has access to pop every circuit breaker and de-power every circuit on the vessel. For general safety reasons, there will be crew resistance to making exceptions.

#55 fuzzy1, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  16. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The reason I even mentioned it is my personal observation. My contention is the public is not properly aware that the digital flight data recorder may well have been turned off, so even if the plane is found, I am not sure where we stand. The voice recorder we've been told only has the last 2 hours.

17. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Blaine Gibson taking a little hit today as a piece he said was appeared to be fire-damaged from a 777 may not be from a plane and may not be fire damaged either...just gray painted fiber glass honeycomb

MH370 investigation says Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 burned debris theory unlikely - CBS News

It gets into interpretation, as many feel the cause was not fire on board, so to claim that causes the Press to go crazy as the Press tends to muddy the waters whenever possible.

bisco likes this.
  18. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Based on ocean current drift analysis and the barnacle analysis, the debris from MH370 fairly clearly indicates a starting point in the White or Yellow areas...this was the early search area on CNN/TV. Unfortunately however, before the debris were found, the 2-yr search had been moved further south into the pink/black/light blue areas (based statistical analysis of the limited satellite handshake data). You can see the drift analysis indicates debris in those southern zones would have beached in Australia, where no debris has been found at all. Money is gone but looks like add'l money may allow search to move.

[​IMG]

19. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The Search for MH370 Seems to Be Over. What Now?

The MH370 search seems about over - unsuccessfully - see nice article above by Jeff Wise here.
    Unfortunately the 2-year underwater search was conducted too far south compared to current thinking of crash location.

Blaine Gibson continues finding parts on the shores.
    The parts found to date, and also the satellite data, have suggested the plane hit the water hard, so there should be a lot of parts, and drift analysis suggest the parts may have floated away from a spot at 33-36S latitude, possibly as far north as 23S.

As Americans, we are expecting "no stone left unturned" as far as gathering parts and finding the plane.
    Malaysia is not as interested as we would be in finding the parts and the finding the plane, for cost reasons, but also whatever happened to the plane is likely to show issues that MY would rather not delve into publicly. Malaysia has already said a few years ago intentional diversion of some type seems to be the most likely explanation for the accident.

#59 wjtracy, Dec 22, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  20. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: Boeing 747 passenger planes.
    British Airways is still flying several of them. I rode in one today, and it parked next to a bunch of others at the hub where I was making a connection.

pilotgrrl, hkmb and wjtracy like this.