1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

limp mode prius 2005

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by claude paradis, Aug 27, 2019.

1. claude paradis

claude paradis New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    some weeks ago I left a door open for several hours with the key in the ignition whilst at work, on my way home the car became sluggish and the red triangle appeared if I want the triangle to disappear I unplug and replug the batter, but after 10-15 mins. the triangle is back, another 10 mins and it becomes sluggish again. Now the battery screen shows the battery going from almost full to empty and back again in 15-20 mins.and the sluggishness has nothing to do with the status of the battery full or empty. I have noticed that the visual of the interaction between the battery and the motor disappears as the car is about to be in limp mode. If I stop the car for a minute it will then be ok running wise but the red triangle is still apparent, but then sometime later back in limp mode. If anyone can save me from paying a small fortune to Toyota then I will be most grateful.

2. Skibob

Skibob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Unless your 12v has a low charge leaving the door open has nothing to do with your problem. You need to get the codes checked and 12v tested and get back to us with the codes.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you need a new hybrid battery. can you order from 'newpriusbatteries.com' in colorado?