1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Line Output Converter - 30 Watts / Channel

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by treehuggergeorge, Feb 13, 2008.

1. treehuggergeorge

treehuggergeorge New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    good evening... i just got my bazooka in the mail. requires rca inputs... instead of waitinng and saving a few bucks i went down to the the local pep boys store and picked up a metra line out converter. i noticed after i got home it says up to 30 watts per channel. am i able to tap in to one of the speaker lines without causing damage to the speaker, amp, bazooka or any other equipment?

another question... down the road... i would like to replace all the speakers in the car, keeping the jbl amp... most popular brand seems to be infinity? any thought, comments on them or other suggestions?

2. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    yeap.. you'll be fine. The non-jbl system probably pushes 10 or 12 watts per channel at the most. The JBL will crank out 20 watts or so.

There's a lot of choices for replacement speakers. Infinity is a good brand that has a nice balance between price and performance, and is quite popular here since everyone who gets them gives them a good review. A good start would be to consider how much you want to spend and then see what's available in the price range. There is noticeable difference in sound fidelity between $200 and $600 speakers, so it may be a good idea to check out a car audio specialty store and have a listen.

3. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It's my opinion (and it's not unique) that each mfgr. has just one price range where they make the best speaker relative to their competitors. Infinity makes good $200 speakers but doesn't make good $400 speakers. Diamond makes good $400 speakers but doesn't make good $200 speakers. Focal makes good $900 speakers, but doesn't make good $400 speakers (all retail prices, discount ~40% for Ebay).

4. treehuggergeorge

treehuggergeorge New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks Presto & PriusEnvy :) I am going to try the install today. Going to be in 40s and windy here today. So, hopefully not to cold...