1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lions 1, man 0

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by jared2, Jun 6, 2006.

1. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 6 2006, 03:21 PM) [snapback]266804[/snapback]</div>
    A good one :D

I though you were ignoring me, and if I were a psychiatrist (which I may be) I would wonder why? Did you have some childhood issues you want to discuss?

sorry - I was getting carried away - and i stopped - it could have been real funny too.

have a nice day

david

2. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 6 2006, 04:12 PM) [snapback]266834[/snapback]</div>
    I know what you mean. But, in a way, I don't mind seeing occasional snippets of "thought" from the neofascists - hearing tiny bits of the howling and raving reminds me how glad I am not to have to hear more. It's like those times when you are at a light beside a car blasting hip hop or rap "music" (with the woofers so loud they actually shake the ground) - feels so good when you pull away!

3. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jun 6 2006, 04:13 PM) [snapback]266839[/snapback]</div>
    If I did have any childhood issues, you'd be the last person that I would discuss them with (or maybe second to last, after MS.) If you are, in fact, a psychiatrist, you and MS could have a great time together in your own private chatroom.
    No, my question, which you are certainly entitled to disregard (we have all noted how much better you are at interrogating than in answering questions), was out of curiosity in response to your obviously hostile attitude ("Plan B for pregnant zoo creatures") toward women's reproductive rights.

4. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 6 2006, 04:28 PM) [snapback]266851[/snapback]</div>
    You still don't have him on ignore? You're a braver man than me. :)

5. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 6 2006, 04:28 PM) [snapback]266851[/snapback]</div>
    seriously, a little sense of humor here
    the i am pro-abortion and i am ANTI -partial birth abortion AKA - murder
    i am for overturning roe v wade and believe it to be a states rights issue but that is for american citizens here - just a joke :D

and i am not a psychiatrist although i do play one on tv

and what about mens reproductive rights - do they get a say here or are they just exposed to the down side risk?? and if the men in your opinion have no rights in this equation how does that fit with your beliefs in equality for all - or are there exceptions - like - affirmative action??

6. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 6 2006, 04:12 PM) [snapback]266834[/snapback]</div>
    It always fascinates me how my mere words within a post can cause you such angst, you opt for the ignore option... :D

7. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jun 6 2006, 04:36 PM) [snapback]266861[/snapback]</div>
    OK, if you are a physician (I am only making this assumption because other people here have referred to you as a physician or called you "doctor"; and your name ends in "md"), then how many dilation and extraction (I believe that's the medical term for "partial birth abortion ") procedures are even done in this country? My understanding is that physicians only do them when it's necessary to save the mother's life, the fetus is already dead, or would be born with severe hydrocephalus. That is what my physician friends tell me, anyway. It would seem to me that physicians are best equipped to make the call whether or not this is an appropriate procedure in a particular instance. But the legislation is a good way to get the pro-life voters riled up.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "men's reproductive rights"- I certainly believe that men have the right to control over their bodies, just as women have the right to control their own. Therefore, as a man, it's my right not to get a woman pregnant if I don't want to deal with the consequences.

8. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(huskers @ Jun 6 2006, 01:49 PM) [snapback]266785[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, not true. The true story was this:

The Lion had been in his habitat all night praying and talking with God... "God, I'm a lion, and tomorrow is my birthday and these lion keepers only feed me the minimum. If you are really God, send me something special for my birthday dinner."

Just goes to show that God answers prayer.

:D

9. jared2

jared2 New Member

"Just goes to show that God answers prayer"

Not only that, but it shows that God is very efficient. He answers the lion's prayer and gets rid of a vain and presumptuous human at the same time. Only time will tell how he responds to the prayers of the H5N1 virus to undergo a little mutation in order to infect all those lumbering 6 billion humans. Since he seems to have a sense of humor, perhaps the will change the virus so that it only infects religious fanatics. :D

10. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 6 2006, 04:50 PM) [snapback]266868[/snapback]</div>
    What if a women dupes a man into getting her pregnant - says she is on the pill and isn't? Is the man responsible for the next 18 years of financial support for that child??

And partial birth abortion is done for reasons usually not related to the mothers health.

11. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jun 7 2006, 01:39 PM) [snapback]267323[/snapback]</div>
    I would say that depends upon the situation, and that's why we have courts. If I were the man in this scenario, I would probably use a condom to avoid being "duped".

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jun 7 2006, 01:39 PM) [snapback]267323[/snapback]</div>
    Well, I will defer to your expert medical opinion on this one. However, I do know that this procedure is performed sometimes when the woman is at risk of death from childbirth. Do you approve of bans on partial birth abortion that do not allow an exception for the life of the mother?

12. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 6 2006, 12:21 PM) [snapback]266804[/snapback]</div>
    I'm very skeptical that dbermanmd is an MD. His posts are almost always misanthropic, in whole or in part, and not merely misanthropic, but frequently viciously so. I find it difficult to imagine someone with that degree of hostility having a career that requires, above all, caring for people; ALL people.

His writing is markedly inferior to what you'd expect from a person with a post-graduate degree. His style is exceptionally careless, even for a chatboard. Syntactic, grammatical and spelling errors are numerous, and ideas are poorly expressed. Now, one could say, hey, this is a chatboard, who gives a hoot about proper composition? Well, OK, but is slapdash carelessness in communicating about things that matter the kind of attribute you'd be comfortable seeing in a physician? I would expect a physician to put some thought and effort into writing, out of the habit of care and meticulousness the profession demands; yet evidence of such effort is wholly absent in a dbermanmd post.

Every physician I've met is intensely proud of his/her personal achivement in attaining the profession (and justifiably so!); yet asked to name his field, does he sieze the opportunity to give his profession some gloss and describe his specialty, perhaps mentioning clinical studies he's involved in, or whet our interest with new therapies on the horizon? No, he dances around the topic with disrespectful and insulting taunts, as if even asking the question was an affront. That more than anything has the dead thunk of falsity, not the confident ring of a genuine authority.

If dbermnmd is, in fact, an MD, with a practice and patients he presumably cares about, he makes a rank mockery of his profession with his posts. This has nothing whatsoever to do with his political stance and beliefs, but with how carelessly he chooses to express his ideas and opinions, and the cynical disrespect he shows for his fellow man. If I ever encountered that degree of carelessness or disrespect in a real physician, I would run away as fast as I could.

13. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Back to the original topic, has anyone nominated this guy (lion dude, not doberman :lol: ) for a Darwin award?

14. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tleonhar @ Jun 7 2006, 10:17 PM) [snapback]267655[/snapback]</div>
    Careful- "Darwin" is a dirty word to a lot of folks here. :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Jun 7 2006, 06:46 PM) [snapback]267530[/snapback]</div>
    I came to the same conclusion when he used the phrase "partial birth abortion". That's a term coined by the anti-abortion activists. No physician I know would ever refer to a "partial birth abortion"; it's not a medically accurate term. A doctor would say "dilation and extraction" (or D&X).