1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lisle #54930; Finally, an inexpensive oil filter cap wrench that fits perfectly.

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Mike500, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    http://www.amazon.com/Lisle-54930-Flute-End-Cap/dp/B003V5HR52/ref=cm_cmu_up_thanks_hdr

It fits "perfectly," and that's my image loaded on Amazon.com

At $6.45 delivered, it's less than half the cost of the Assenmacher TOY-640.

I have an extra oil filter cap to test the cap wrenches. The "Performance" branded ones at Advance Auto are too small.

This one fits perfectly. Enjoy!

2 people like this.
  2. anewhouse

anewhouse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I'm pretty sure that's exactly the same as the one I used on my Scion xD (uses exactly the same cartridge-style filters as the Prius v). I've been very happy with this wrench/adapter/cap - it fit so snugly on the filter cover that I just left it there all the time. Then all I needed was a 3/8" socket wrench to change the oil filter. :)
    I haven't taken the old one off my xD yet to confirm that it fits on my v, but if it offers the same VERY snug fit, I'll be happy!
    Thanks for the suggestion,
    Andy