1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

List of annonyance things in your Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by [H]ackerK, Aug 20, 2008.

1. gak27

gak27 Prius, Take Two

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    what, two pages and no one's mentioned the seats yet? :faint:

that being said, I would prefer *ONE* more click back on the seat...thank you...what day should I stop by the dealer for this...:pound:

Toyota Distribution-related:

Discontinuing delivery of lower package Tourings to my region 3 weeks after I put in my request; my Mag Gray #2 Touring went someplace else, hopefully to someone here who will love it like I would have...

2. [H]ackerK

[H]ackerK Geek

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well It could be cold (and snow) in Japan too.... :) I think they should include that and let the driver decided if one should use EV mode... yes, I agree, in Winter will be a different ball game...

One good example for me is the parking lot at my work place is a multi-level parking lot. I can pretty much run on EV to go down the ramps afterwork, and don't need ICE until I am out of the lot. But when ICE kicks in after 10 seconds, the "kilometerage" is pretty bad. (you know when you get --.-l/100km, that means your car is not moving but ICE is)

I do love the fact I can run on EV when I getting into the office, running on pure batt going up the ramps and find a parking spot is pretty neat....

As for block heater, well, too bad, it is an option item here. And dealer didn't even offer that when I get my Prius.... I am still thinking if I should order it and have the dealer to install it before winter.... (but then I need to run a AC cord/outlet to my driveway...)

3. [H]ackerK

[H]ackerK Geek

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    OK, I tested it and I know what you mean. But still kinda annonying. By pressing the off-hook button, basically put the screen to quick dial mode. And in order to dial by number, you need to press the "talk/voice command" button again.

IMHO, the engineer should make the firmware so whan you press the "talk/voice command" button it will take your command and press the "off hook" button to confirm without the extra steps....

Just my 2 cents.

4. [H]ackerK

[H]ackerK Geek

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here is the mod Prius 12V outlets