1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

List of Hardware that Positively Works with the Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by rwithop, Oct 19, 2004.

1. hugokhughes

hugokhughes New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rwithop @ Oct 19 2004, 06:59 PM) [snapback]46066[/snapback]</div>
    Is this unit compatable with an 05 prius?

2. MiketMurray

MiketMurray New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rwithop @ Oct 19 2004, 05:55 PM) [snapback]46065[/snapback]</div>

XDA Orbit - works fine so long as you use an export tool to beam the contacts - see my post on how to do this.

3. kentano

kentano Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cox @ Nov 28 2006, 01:21 PM) [snapback]354822[/snapback]</div>
    Hi there...I have been searching through all the audio forums for info on integrating my iPhone with my 2006 Prius (single cd player, no nav. system). I noticed your post about your success with the VAIS in your '07, and I was wondering which VAIS unit you have. I have heard great things about VAIS's SoundLinQ2, but some of the newest Prius/iPhone owners who have the SoundLinQ2 said that the info shows up on the MFD, but the audio only comes through the iphone speakers instead of the Toyota Head unit. They were speculating that, for some reason, the older firmware in the original SoundLinQ works better than the newer firmware in the SoundLinQ2. Do you know anything about this?

I have read a lot about the SoundLinQ2, it sounds perfect, but with some comments from people having trouble, I am a little wary of just leaping into an expensive buy.

Also, my local car audio experts tried to tell me today that "there are currently no units available on the market that will allow you to work your ipod on your Prius's display." I point-blank told that guy that his statement was completely contradictory to everything I've read on Priuschat.com and the VAIStech.com website.

If anyone out there has an '06 Prius, an iPhone, AND a VAIS SoundLinQ2, please let me know how it's working! Any help would be great! Thanks a lot.

4. BE55Roberts

BE55Roberts New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bluefish @ Dec 22 2004, 03:28 AM) [snapback]59220[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, option packages 3 and above include the Bluetooth feature. Relevant if your state is moving towards requiring hands free operation of a cell phone in the car.

5. sparkyAZ

sparkyAZ übergeek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'll add another Ipod interface unit that works with the Prius. It's the Scosche AXIPTA interface. You get full control of the Ipod from the MFD, charging for the Ipod, and a stereo RCA input for other accessories. Street price is around $140

Here's a link to my install:

http://priuschat.com/Scosche-AXIPTA-Ipod-i...ace-t40642.html

[attachmentid=12414]

Attached Files:

• cool.gif
      cool.gif
      File size:
      910 bytes
      Views:
  6. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I just got the Verizon Voyager. It paired right away.

7. lfruchtman

lfruchtman Junior Member

iPod integration that works

I have had Vais Technology products in a 2006 and 2007 (current) Prius with Nav. The unit works well, shows most of album and title on the screen, but no artist, unless you are stopped (or modded) and can push the "Detail" button. Limitations are that you can only access music (podcasts too) from the steering wheel if they are on a playlist, so you need to have any recordings you want to hear while driving included in a playlist somewhere. Alternately, you can control from the ipod by pushing the scan button 8 times within 2 seconds, but then you have no steering wheel music control. You can switch back again by pushing the scan button 8 times again.

The one little glitch is that if you have the unit set to "Random" or "Rand" while listening to music and then you switch to podcasts, you will only be able to access certain podcasts. If you set the Random button off, get out of the podcast playlist, and then go back to it, you can then access all podcasts. I think this is because most podcasts are set NOT to go to the next song. Other than that, the unit works really well.

The only other caveat is that it is big bucks compared to the other options.

http://www.vaistech.com/sli.php

8. RinMI

RinMI New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    NEXTEL i335 works well with Prius for Bluetooth

Nextel has just released an i335 candy bar style phone that is what I have been waiting for Nextel to offer. A basic phone with the DirectConnect feature and Bluetooth for under $200. It is a nice unit, very thin and works well with the Prius; the DirectConnect even works through the Bluetooth although you have to manually key the button to send. You also seem to have to load your contacts one at a time; but other than those two issues which I feel are minor, this is a nice add on for the car.

9. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I don't know it its be posted, but the LG 8700 mobile phone sync fine with the navigation via bluetooth.

10. fruzzetti

fruzzetti Customization-Obsessed

California (Pulled over 6x, ticketed 2x for tint)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My question is simple: how do you EXPORT a phone book from the car to your telephone? :p

11. snowbird

snowbird Junior Member

My question also - I have a new mp3 player and only a single cd player on my 06 package #3. I was planning to stop by my dealer on Monday to see how to hook it up in the car - or radio shack? would appreciate suggestions.

12. mlp

mlp New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I used an itrip in my old car to hook up my ipod. In the Prius, it is very staticky (sp). Does anyone recommend a better way of hooking up my ipod? thanks

13. ALB813

ALB813 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My Palm Centro phone works!:rolleyes:

14. benny1

benny1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I just purchased a Samsung flipshot with Verizon as the SP. It's bluetooth capability has worked seemlessly with my 05 Prius. I was able to select which contacts I wanted in the Prius' phonebook and then upload them from the phone very easily.

I am still experimenting with how to set one touch dial numbers so I don't have to come to a complete stop before making a phone call:mad:

15. bearntiger

bearntiger New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Does anyone have success with PXDX AUX2CAR for aux input? Its factory website stays that it won't support Prius.

16. bearntiger

bearntiger New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Re: AUX-POD - iPod interface to Prius works

I called PAC and they claimed that their products do not support Prius (also stated on their website.)

Can anyone confirm their year and model of Prius that work with this module?

Thank you,

17. davidhol

davidhol New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    We have a new 2008 + Package 1 and had a local car audio dealer install an EGO Look bluetooth system but it wouldn't work with our older Samsung phones. Then they took out the EGO and installed a Parrot system that did work just fine. Total time sitting in the waiting room - 6 HOURS!!! Oh, well - it works just fine with our older phones so we're happy. You don't need the expensive Prius nav system as some posters here have stated.

18. davidhol

davidhol New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    But, you didn't say that the unit did not work. So, does it work? I want to use XM with the MFD. Does this product do that and is it easy to install?

19. davidhol

davidhol New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Does the XM radio available at XM Radio in Prius work with the basic AM/FM radio one gets with Package #1? The guy who installed our Parrot bluetooth system told us that there was no plug in the back of the radio to connect it to the XM system.

20. greensparks

greensparks New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    First Generation iPhone (2G) and '04 Prius connect almost instantly when I get in the car and works very well as a hands free.
    Sadly Apple haven't yet sorted out the transfer of contacts via bluetooth :(

What we really need is someone willing to export a Lockpick or equivalent A/V interface to Australia :mad: