1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

List of Hardware that Positively Works with the Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by rwithop, Oct 19, 2004.

1. jsmith1

jsmith1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Unlocked Nokia E71 smartphone, registers and connects automatically no problem via bluetooth, as of yet though haven't been able to load phonebook with this phone.

2. romad

romad 2004 Prīus Base Former Owner (Sold 13 May 22)

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: AUX-BOX plug in your MP3/XM radio with this Aux-in

Just received an email from Pacific Audio that specifically states that the AUX-BOX does NOT work with my 2004 Prius:

The Prius is not compatible with that part.

Mario

-----Original Message-----
    From: Dennis Swaney [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Dennis B.
    Swaney
    Posted At: Sunday, January 04, 2009 10:12 AM
    Posted To: Sales
    Conversation: AUX-BOX for 2004 Toyota Prius
    Subject: AUX-BOX for 2004 Toyota Prius

Do you still make this? Which cables do I need? Also, I've gone to the
    dealers you list but they don't list this product.

3. blet

blet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I had a Directed HD Radio Tuner-Model 1000 installed in my 2008 Package #2. The installer made it fit perfectly in the bin under the factory radio/cd player. It came with a remote. The thing works and sounds great. It piggybacks off of the factory radio which you tune to a certain station and then just operate the HD tuner as your main radio. It has RDS and five radio bands. The tuner itself was $150.00 plus $100.00 installation. I live in the Boston area and most of the major radio stations here now have at least one HD channel. All music, no commercials and best of all, free.

4. NaptownPrius

NaptownPrius Getting Greener....

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My new Palm Treo Centro works great with my 2008 Prius.

All the bells and whistles...easy connectivity and no problems.

5. Rosie74

Rosie74 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just paired my Asus P750 without any problems and was able to transfer my contacts, however, I only found a way to do that one contact at a time.. a bit of a pain.. :eek:hwell:

6. GreenIsGood

GreenIsGood New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I was a little apprehensive getting a new phone -- Samsung Propel -- the other day because my 2008 Prius had worked well with the old one -- a Motorola Razr.

I'm happy to report the propel synced with no problem at all.

7. Nortnarg

Nortnarg Prius~To go before

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I have a Sony Ericsson TM 506 with T-Mobile. Works great with the Prius. Contacts have to be transferred one at at time from this phone, but better than manual entry. It all works through the Prius speaker system by Bluetooth. Calls in car are super!!

I have a Palm TX that work with this phone well also. So my Palm computer sends info to my phone, then the phone sends to the Pruis. Too cool!

More info on the Tx setup here: A List of Cell Phones that work with a TX. - Page 14 - Brighthand.com Smartphone and PDA Discussion Forums

8. magruder

magruder Average Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I took a chance and got a Motorola W376g from Tracfone. It works with the Prius bluetooth connection! I don't know about loading the phone book or anything else, but the bluetooth connection works well. I love it!

Regards,
    Dave

9. raholco

raholco Ailurophile

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    T-Mobile G1 (Android) connects but no phonebook transfers (which is an Android limitation)

10. Sparky9292

Sparky9292 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: lose cd changer?

I have the same question. I have a 2005 Prius with a 6 CD (non mp3) changer and would like to connect my iPhone 3G to play music

Is this possible? I would still like the cd changer to work.

11. zonie911

zonie911 Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I Know that I'm a bit behind electronically--but, I was especially glad to see that I could plug my mp4 into the plug-in inside my console and play my music thru the aux system and didn't need to rewire anything.

:high5:

12. born2run

born2run Born2Run

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Did you ever get your Nokia e71 to upload the phonebook to the Prius?

13. jsmith1

jsmith1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I didn't, there is supposed to be a way to send contacts via bluetooth, I tried, but after marking them on contact list, no option to send via bluetooth, it's weird.

14. revbilly

revbilly New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm a PriusChat Newbie. Where is the file referred to in the title of this Forum?

15. the hosser

the hosser Lock Monkey

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Hey Everyone,
    I just bought my 05 Prius (pkg. 2) on Monday, and I've been suffering with a FM transmitter for my ipod, which is dreadful. So, I see a lot of discussion about different ways to hook up and control an ipod with the display. I have some gift cards for Amazon, so looking on there I found two versions of the DICE box, listed as i-Toyota-RSV and i-Toyota R 5v, which I think are probably the same thing, but the descriptions are sketchy and there are no reviews. I found some reviews from Prius owners on the page for the Dice Mazda box, and the reviews are all bad. So, out of the iPod controller/adapters out there, which one works the best?

thanks!

Just created a new thread for this question...

16. SimiPrius

SimiPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    I went to Coastaltech and ordered the Ultimate lockpick. Aside from getting rid of the "I agree". it unlocks the phone and the nav system when the car is moving. It has an iPod adapter, but I also had added an aftermarket component at the shop to provide power to the ipod also....however, does not seem to work well with the iphone...if you have music on it....

17. nanny7

nanny7 New Member

!

18. andykillz

andykillz New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II

I'm new to the Prius. Is there any head units that can play MP3s that allows the use of the steering wheel controls? For around $200 in Australia?

Or is there a special cable that I could get to use with a regular head unit to allow steering wheel controls? Thank you

19. kathleenlepirate

kathleenlepirate New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes - any head unit should (correction: just make sure it has a steering wheel interface input. A lot of them do). See this thread. If it's single DIN, use the same scosche kit. It comes with a pocket to fill in the space for a single DIN. The instructions are essentially the same for most head units. Just make sure you get the right PAC SWI-?. PS = Pioneer Sony, JACK = JVC, Alpine, Clarion, Kenwood, etc.

lpr9 likes this.
  20. tmgrl3

tmgrl3 Member

I have been reading backwards in this thread. I have a 2006 Prius and when I connected my RAZR via Bluetooth wireless, I needed to upload contacts from my phone 1 by 1. I had and still have AT&T. At that time, Verizon customers couldn't get any contacts into phone book.

My RAZR works fine, sound is great, it's my second phone with a new SIM card.

So, question. If I were to get the IPhone 4G, as an AT&T upgrade, can my SIM card go into the IPhone or will I need Apple's. If I have to start over, will the car accept names from my phone book ? Will I have to delete the old phone book with accompanying speed dial?

I'm worried I will go to Apple, get the phone, try to upload phone book (assuming car recognizes phone)? I heard the audio quality might not be as good with the IPhone and I would only get the 4G if I am going to switch.

My car is fine, so don't plan to get a new Prius just to get better BT technology.
    Thanks...
    ....member since 06!