1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

List of voice commands on nav w/Entune

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by katozo, Jan 29, 2012.

1. katozo

katozo New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I have a Prius v five with nav/Entune. Where can I get a list of all the voice commands available? I just found out that in order to "go home" I have to say "available home." I would like to know what other commands I can use . . . like "find nearest rest area" when travelling. Thanks. :confused:

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  3. Habiru

Habiru Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    any voice commande to cance your current route? almost certain i did this by a commance once & now I can't get this to work from a command.

4. MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Nope, I don't think either system has a voice command to cancel the route.

5. Ron K

Ron K Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Habiru,
    You are specifically asking to cancel the ROUTE, not the destination - correct?
    You can cancel DESTINATION by voice.
    I think I remember that you can show the 3 route choices again by voice command but I don't think you can cancel route alone.

6. Habiru

Habiru Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    i've tried all the commands i could think of to cancel the single point i am traveling to. i've tried to call this a route, destination & several other nouns (with the occasional adjective that children should not hear thrown in every few mins) love to know if there is a command i can say that will allow the navi to go from navigation to a location back to just a map.

7. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The command was "Delete Final Destination" in the previous Prius nav system.

For anyone asking about available voice commands, the system lists all available commands under a tab on the screen when you push the voice button.

8. El_Spectre

El_Spectre Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Just go ahead and say any words you want, it's not like it's gonna recognize them....

jefftb likes this.
  9. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I tied very hard to find a voice command to delete (final) destination or cancel navigation on my Prius v (wagon) with no luck. I was sure that it would be there because I tell the wife's Gen II Prius to "cancel navigation" all the time. But NO, they have removed lots of voice commands from the Prius v's Nav system. I'm getting ready to give Toyota an ear full and I hope other Prius v owners will too, so Toyota will feel pressure to fix this embarrassment.

10. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I used to press the voice button and simply say "suspend guidance" and the nav would stop directing me if I had a destination set it was guiding me to.

This simple command no longer works, now when I say "suspend guidance" it lists something like banks. :rolleyes: Yeah, for previous owners it is quite annoying to make changes to simple voice commands, or rather, get rid of them totally.

11. pacohaas

pacohaas Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three