1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Lithium price collapse, predictable

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by bwilson4web, Sep 5, 2024 at 3:18 PM.

1. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I also do not love alterations of words inside [QUOTE] markup ... other than the straightforward ellipsis (...) and editorial insertions in square brackets we all learned to do in school so it's always clear what's what.

In the case of #18, I could tell what fuzzy1 was up to, from the strikethrough markup and the "Fixed it for you" after the quote. At least it wasn't a case of trying to look like the person quoted had actually said something else. (We've had a few of those cases around here too.)

I think it would have been better to put each strikethrough, and the words substituted for the struck-through ones, in square brackets, so a reader sees exactly what's changed.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I don’t take myself that seriously, but I understand

Trollbait likes this.
  3. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    This is an informal, online discussion. Conventions among such have be altered by the fact many users aren't using full keyboards, or simply are eliminating keystrokes. Fixed it for you, or FIFY, alone is considered enough to denote the replier altered the quoted section. Strikethrough, and even just bolding the change is considered extra.

4. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    8 billion people transitioning from fossil fuels to electric is going to create all kinds of market chaos. Perhaps the insane volatility of the Lithium market due to over-zealous global investments is to the point that we're likely going to harm the ability to scale up to produce large quantities of it... I know in China the market shocks to Lithium as covid was ending had created all kinds of challenges and steered significant investments into Sodium-ion, which if successful would crash the lithium market even further in years to come.

5. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    This chart is also a good indicator of when the world's nations first realized they needed to invest heavily in Lithium futures and then the whole market falling apart soon as they realized how far past overproduction of Lithium was in the pipeline.