1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Loaded 2008 without SKS?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Bendr, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Bendr

Bendr New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Looking at a used 2008 Prius with 130,000 miles at a dealership. Sticker is $8999.

From what I've seen it looks nice, seemed to drive nice too. But... It doesn't seem to have SKS. Not an end of the world feature, but would be really nice to have. That said it does have Navigation and backup camera and from what I've found it sounds like you can't get either of them without SKS. Should I be concerned about that? Is it likely that there is some simple reason that the SKS isn't working. If it's something simple I'd love to get it working. Wishing I'd checked for HID/Foglights and bluetooth, but can't say I did...

As an additional note, It does have the lock button on the outside door, but it didn't do anything when I pressed it. Would something related cause that?

Any advice?

Any other things I should check for to make sure the car will keep going?

Thanks so much for your help!
    Ben

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This car has SKS, probably just turned off. There's a button under the steering wheel, by the driver's knee. Just press the SKS button and see if it turns on.

Also check if the key fob buttons work. If the unlock/lock buttons don't work, then it's a problem with the key fob. Car definitely has SKS

#2 JC91006, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  3. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Could be as simple as the fob you were using wasn't an SKS fob. Previous owner may have lost their SKS fob, or decided to keep it when they traded the car in -- thinking they could re-program it to their new Toyota.

4. tanglefoot

tanglefoot Whee!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The fob battery could also need replacing.

It came with SKS. The only '08 without SKS is the package 1, which doesn't have the backup camera. Interestingly, the 2007 package 1 had both backup camera and SKS. I'm glad I was shopping in '07!

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sounds like a good price.