1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Loads of error codes

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Cristian Buzgo, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Cristian Buzgo

Cristian Buzgo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello. I bought my Prius a few months ago and everything was fine until 3 weeks ago. I was getting the (!) ABS VSC lights on. It kept going on and off; while the lights were on the regenerative braking was off. Today I visited Woburn Safari and had to drive slow with the AC on being quite hot oustide and, after 15 min the triangle of death alongs with (!) and VSC came on. I have scanned the car with a mini VCI before this and had C1241, C1253, C1256, U0123, U0124 and U0126. When I scanned it today I got a lot more codes. I attached the picture with today's codes. I plan to take the car to a service but would appreciate any advice on this. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. BuyJapanese

BuyJapanese Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Loads of codes w/out major performance issues often come from a failing 12V battery. Test the battery with a multimeter and see if it meets spec. If not, go ahead and replace the battery to see if it resolves the other issues. There are lots of other threads here with more detail about this procedure, like this one: 12V battery - how to test it? | PriusChat

3. exstudent

exstudent Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Only at the end of that post is one told to do #1.
    Best to use a DVM (Digital Volte Meter)
    1) Let car sit overnight again.
    2) Foot off break, press Start twice: IG-ON mode.
    3) Headlights on HIGH
    4) Vent fan on high, AC off
    5) Radio on, low volume.
    What reading do you get?

Reference the SOC (State of Charge).

Get an "smart" battery charger that is AGM compatible. Regular 12V charger that don't have an AGM setting will never fully recharge an AGM battery.

Click on the "snowflake" circled in RED, to get the subcodes.
    Snowflake.jpg