1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Local metal worker or sign maker who can fix license plate frame?

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by howardbc, Feb 12, 2009.

1. howardbc

howardbc Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I am looking for someone in the Phoenix area who can either trim the top of my old license plate frame so that it no longer covers the word “Arizona,†or who can improve the new license plate frame I just received so that the text looks better. The first license plate frame came from www.engravenet.com. I ordered 2 frames from them and was extremely pleased, but unfortunately they only sell a frame that hides the word “Arizona†at the top of the frame. Then recently I ordered an Arizona-acceptable frame from www.licenseplates.tv . The price was high but the service was excellent. However I was very disappointed with the appearance of the requested text. I wanted a black frame (which I got) but I wanted the text at the bottom to be in big bold white letters. Instead it is a very anemic grey. www.licenseplates.tv will not offer an exchange, far less a refund. So I would like to find someone in the Phoenix area who can either cut off the top part of the old frame or who can enhance the lettering on the new frame. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. howardbc

howardbc Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thank you so much for the reply. Actually, I ended up having just a press-on sign made by Engravenet and then I glued it onto the bottom of the frame I got from the other guys. So now I have a nice license plate frame that says "Batteries Included" at the bottom, and the name of my state is not covered at the top of the frame. I will check out the manufacturer you suggested, as I always like to see what other options are out there. Thank you again for the reply.

3. Carnutt

Carnutt Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I heard that that stupid license frame law is rarely enforced and will be overturned.