1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Local Prius in a deadly accident

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by mgb4tim, Aug 16, 2010.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Not to sound cruel but there is a selfish reasons for moving accident avoidance and dynamic cruise control to the lower scale Prius . . . repeat business. The deceased will never again buy a Prius. Worse, his family and friends may attribute to the Prius, no matter how little involved, some of the blame. Safety pays by keeping repeat customers and their families.

Bob Wilson

2. priuscritter

priuscritter I am the Stig.

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    eh, i understand the logic, but i don't know about that. pretty soon we're going to forget how to actually drive a car if the car does everything for us. there's a lot of unanswered questions in this case though. what was the driver doing at the time of impact? that's the big one i think.

3. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It's everyone's and everything's fault.
    It's the economy's fault b/c everyone's trying to save money by using cheap service.
    It's the rebar manufacturer's fault b/c they use cheap transport company.
    It's the construction company's fault for buying rebars from manufacturer that uses cheap transport company
    It's the transport company's fault for not applying the proper permit and not having a pace vehicle behind the truck, not apportioned to drive in Pennsylvania. The truck should not have been on the road in the first place.
    It's the driver's fault b/c he should have driven faster than 30-40mph on an interstate freeway.
    It's the Prius driver' fault b/c he was talking on the cellphone while driving, not paying attention while driving, driving at 60-70mph in a truck lane, being cheap and bought a low end Prius, did not pony up and buy a V with ATP.
    It's Toyota's fault for not offering PCS and/or DRCC in all trim level. At least the PCS should have been offered.
    It's Bin Laden's fault because he hides in a cave and the troops are still in the middle east looking for him.