1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Location of pin 29

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by saltdiscus, Jan 13, 2017.

1. saltdiscus

saltdiscus Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    1484351905521.jpg 1484351919723.jpg
    Can somebody show me which is pin 29?There are 2 red wire and I am confused
    Thanks.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. saltdiscus

saltdiscus Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

There are multiple connectors shown in your picture; pin numbering starts over from 1 in each connector. Is that the body ECU/instrument panel junction box you're showing? What circuit are you looking for?

When I have a question like that, I usually head straight for the wiring diagram—knowing I'll get the correct info on the first try is worth the $15 two-day access fee (even more so if I've been saving up some other questions to also look up during the two days).

-Chap

4. saltdiscus

saltdiscus Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi
    I am just looking for reverse 12 volt wire for backup camera.I search pc for pin 29 red wire but there are 3 red wire so just want to make sure of correct wire.

5. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hmm, ok, is that the connector under the kick panel down by the driver's left foot?

You might get some help from this out of my 2010 wiring diagram. Or you might not, warning warning warning, this is from a 2010, there are wiring differences between years.

Ignore the highlighted pin 46, that's for a different project. :)

floorip.png
    Now, honestly, cribbing from a 2010 diagram can be risky. The most sure-fire way you can do this project is if you go to techinfo and pull up your own, 2014 wiring diagram (see this post for how to find your way around). If you start on the system diagram for back-up lights, and click all the wire segments you see in the circuit, that will automatically highlight the right pins in all of the connectors that circuit goes through. Then you can click the info button in the lower right, and get a page showing connector diagrams (just like the one above) for all of the connectors involved from the front of the car to the back, with the right pin circled in red on every one. Then you can just print that and get to work. :)

-Chap

Jonathan Collett and saltdiscus like this.
  6. saltdiscus

saltdiscus Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks your diagram was very helpful.