1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Location of Plug on 2022 Prius Prime

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Clar007, May 17, 2022.

1. Clar007

Clar007 New Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Upgrade
    I ordered a 2022 Prius Prime which won’t arrive til the fall. Which side of the car is the plug-in? I am installing a charger at home and want to make sure it’s on the correct side of the garage wall

bisco likes this.
  2. MalachyNG

MalachyNG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Passenger side above the rear wheel. The included EVSE is long enough to reach across to the other side of the car if you pull in the "wrong" way. I have my EVSE so I can back into my garage and it's next to the charge port. But if im particularly lazy or I barely made it in because of snow it can still reach for me to plug it in.

Edit: if you're getting an EVSE installed permanently anyway double check the length of the cord just in case. For reference any j1772 EVSE will charge the Prime. It's max is 240v/16amp which is on the low end for EV charging. The charger itself is built into the car so if you're looking to future proof your installation feel free to go for higher amps on the 240v circuit. The Prime comes with a 120v EVSE that plugs into regular house plugs. It takes about 5 hours to charge to 100%. A 240v level 2 EVSE will charge in about 2 hours

#2 MalachyNG, May 17, 2022
    Last edited: May 17, 2022