1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lock Actuator Fail

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by xamnosidda, Jan 17, 2013.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats, well done!(y)

2. msalvini

msalvini Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    For those that have replaced the rear actuators, how did you get them out. Having issues with the window guide. Front was simple.

Thanks in advance.

3. Runonfart

Runonfart New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I did virtually the same thing. I followed a couple YouTube videos to take the inner door panel off and access the actuator inside. The only difference was that I found another YouTube video on how to replace the little motor inside the actuator. I got the little motor on Amazon or eBay (this was back when I got the car in 2017, cost $5-$10). The tricky part was getting all the little parts to sit right inside the plastic container after I replaced the motor! Long story short, it worked.

4. SuperchargedMR2

SuperchargedMR2 Diehard Rams Fan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The RF door actuator has failed on our 2010 Prius. It has 112k miles and is now 10 model years old. I'm surprised though as I've never had this part fail on any other Toyota that I've owned. I was able to find a remanufactured one for $81.82 including the sales tax and shipping. It has a lifetime warranty and a perfect seller rating so I'm hoping that this is a quick fix when it arrives.

bisco likes this.
  5. Iwaboy

Iwaboy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I had the same thing happen with both of my front door actuators about 6 months apart. A year later and the rear doors went out about 4 months apart. I'll be buying from the ActuatorPlus guy again on Ebay.