1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lock map with north up and green dots?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Janice N, Jul 13, 2022.

1. Janice N

Janice N Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Looks like a new release was pushed for the central computer unit in my '17 prius prime premium. Now the map spins as I drive so forward always points up. Has anyone figured out how to lock it so it doesn't spin? I don't really care which direction is up, just stop the dizzying & distracting spinning.

Also, there are now lots of green dots on the map - some seem fixed and one seems to always be an intersection or two ahead. Any idea for what they are?

2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's been a long time since I last used the in-car Navi, but the North Top is an option on the screen. Touch the compass icon on the left top corner, and toggle North-up, Heading-up, and 3D screen. As shown below from the manual.

As for the "green dots", if I remember correctly, they are predictive efficient drives indicating the regenerative braking points on the map. If this option is enabled and you drive the same route number of times, the car remembers when the car should be slowed down to maximize the regen. If you did not see that dot before, then chances are that you had that option turned off, and now is turned on after the update. You can turn it on/off from the Navigation Setting screen under Menu as shown again in the manual.

upload_2022-7-13_16-11-12.png

upload_2022-7-13_16-12-58.png
    upload_2022-7-13_16-19-57.png

schja01 likes this.
  3. Janice N

Janice N Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Ooo right on! Thanks! I’ll give this a try! I tried clicking on the compass but it just recentares the map. I’ll try again.

the when you break might be one kind of green dot. The other ones seem different. Hmm. I’ll take photos next time I’m driving

thanks again!

Salamander_King likes this.