1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lockpick for 2006 Prii

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Scott_R, Jan 14, 2007.

1. lagreca

lagreca Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vincent @ Jan 14 2007, 06:03 PM) [snapback]375628[/snapback]</div>
    After installing the LockPick, do you still have the bar graph of your mileage, and do your wheels spin on the power screen? Thanks.

2. norton

norton New Member

This company has been frustrating me lately as well. I emailed them to ask which package I needed for I Agree, Address Entry and Bluetooth. I got this reply:

the basic will do address input but not bluetooth dialing-if you need bluetooth dialing then yoiu will need the lockpick3 plus.
    http://www.coastaletech.com/lockpick3.htm
    Please let me know if I may assist you further : )
    Kelley

This is mildly amusing as there is no "plus" package available.

3. Inches

Inches Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(norton @ Jul 16 2007, 08:28 PM) [snapback]480027[/snapback]</div>
    What be this???

<span style="font-family:Comic">Complete Plug-In Kit for 2006-2007 PRIUS
    AND 2007-2008 RX, GX, LEXUS SUV'S

$299.00

4. WeMustEvolve

WeMustEvolve New Member

I have a 2006 Prius with Nav and Bluetooth package. The 2 things that drives me crazy about my Prius is the "I agree" BS, and the fact that my passenger can't use 3/4 of Nav. system while the car is in motion. I ordered and installed the Basic Lockpick 3 from Coastal Electronic Technologies. It installed in 5 minutes, without any problems. Now, both issues are fixed. The "I agree" screen flashes for a few seconds, but then automatically goes away. When you need to enter an address, or search for a destination category, or use other locked nav functionality while moving, the device puts an icon in the upper left that you can touch to unlock the nav system. I LOVE IT! :) If you want to fix those two issues for the 2006 Prius I highly recommend it!!!! A big thank you goes to Coastal. I love my Prius once more.

5. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WeMustEvolve @ Oct 13 2007, 05:39 PM) [snapback]525226[/snapback]</div>
    Watch out for the lockout bypass: the Nav system often loses your location, and can take a bit to find it again (Coastal touches on this in their instructions). The more you've moved (multiple turns, higher speeds), the greater the issue.

I think the Lockpick works by temporarily cutting off the movement sensor, tricking the Prius into thinking it isn't moving (and therefore not locking you out), but thereby making it think you're still where you were when the bypass is activated.