1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Logo/Keychain Puzzle Solved!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jimofdg, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Mike N

Mike N New Member

Forgive my naivetae, what does HSD stand for?

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Hybrid Synergy Drive.

Acually a misnomer since the true definition of 'synergy' is that the combination of two or more entities creates a total equalling more than the sum of the individual parts. The Prius HSD actually peaks at the sum of the two parts. But it's a cool thought nonetheless.

3. Batavier

Batavier Member

Indeed, I forgot to type 'chain'... I do that a lot, typing replies on forums and forgetting words... :) Soz about that.

But I always have the fob in my left pocket, along with the remote for the alarm of my house. In my right pocket I have the front door key, the key of my desk drawer at work and the front door key of the office. That's it. :)

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It is my impression that the keychain is an overpriced bit of promotional junk that they sell, but that they gave away to some of the people who had had unexpectedly long waits for their car. Early on, when 3-month waits were common, and suddenly the backlog stretched out to six months, they tried to appease buyers with a gift and a letter, basically, "We're sorry you've had to wait so long; here's a free useless keychain." Could have come right out of a novel by Douglas Addams.

Once the situation had stabilized, and people knew they'd have to wait 6 months to a year, there was no longer any reason to apologize or offer free trinkets. But you can still buy one if you like.