1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Long beep and flashing lock type indicator?

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Alitig1, May 7, 2013.

1. Alitig1

Alitig1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    For the past 2 days my car has started beeping when I open the door after I push the power button to turn it off. It flashed a red lock type symbol in the lower right side of the screen as well. Anyone know what this is? I can't find ot in the online dash indicators. The beep stops when I push the dorr lock down and shut the door

Thanks.

2. ImeanGreen

ImeanGreen Prius v Five BP Brigade #236

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Did you try to find out what the red lock symbol is in your owner's manual?

3. Rupert B Puppenstein

Rupert B Puppenstein Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I thought that had to do with the anti-theft. Not sure how different the V is though...

4. DU3L NRG

DU3L NRG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Mine did it when the sunroof was cracked open. And i also had it happen when my wife left her key in the prius. If one key is in your pocket and another in the car maybe thats why. Hope this helps!

5. JACoH

JACoH Enjoying the mileage

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I tried to replicate this with my "v" and could not. Only time was if the power button really didn't get pushed to OFF, or the door was opened before I turned it OFF.

6. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Headlights left on?

7. going red baby!

going red baby! still a n00b

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Is it a big padlock over a car? I have just started noticing this in mine, flashing, and it's the Theft Deterrent System - Immobilizer System. In my manual it says something about how a key won't work unless it's registered with the vehicle.

It was probably doing it before but I've just had a battery issue so I've been paying more attention again now.

Hm.... I don't know how I got in the Prius V forums. Disregard this post if it doesn't help you. :)

8. syscon

syscon Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I just noticed that the sunroof will close automatically when one locks the car (nice). But I second it, he must have left one of his key in his car.