1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Long Hot Summer?

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Washington1788, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    So do you think they'll start downsizing trucks to approach those cute little Toyota trucks of the 70s?

2. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hate to say this, but as a Prius owner who owns oil stock, its going to get worse. It would be best if the price went up gradually, but as history has shown it'll only roller coaster to higher prices. And unfortunately the shock effect is much worse than higher prices over a longer time span.

3. iaowings

iaowings New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tripp @ Apr 5 2007, 07:41 PM) [snapback]418508[/snapback]</div>

So it isn’t just a marine thing lol.

When I got my prius I was still active duty. I pulled into work and the first sergeant (getting out of his lifted 2500Hd) said what the hell dock why you buy such a wimpy nice person car (substitute the slang term that is also a female body part for wimpy) what are some kinda girly man. I snapped back I don’t remember you being so manly when one of the private’s leg almost got blown off and I had my hand in it trying to stop the bleeding (No not like you saw on black hawk down.). He actually threw up and ran away, a real man he was. guess that truck didn’t give him a pair.

4. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IAO @ Apr 5 2007, 09:12 PM) [snapback]418587[/snapback]</div>
    Were ye a corpsman? You should have asked him what King Faud's rooster (think synonym here) tastes like. He'd know for sure buying so much gas from Saudi. B)

5. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(drash @ Apr 5 2007, 07:12 PM) [snapback]418520[/snapback]</div>
    As a oil stock owner, it's always amusing to see the stock go up as oil prices spike here and there for whatever bogus reason the media wants to put forth. It's almost like that have one of those crazy 8 balls and when enough of the oil bigwigs wants to buy a new home in aspen or a new yahct, they shake the ball and use that reason on the public to jack up the price. I take comfort whenever I see a bigassed SUV pumping in it's 60-70 dollars of gas, cause it helps with a quarterly dividend that continues to increase. It's not neurosurgery, anyone with a brain knows which way oil prices are going, it is just a matter of how quickly it'll rise. Not taking that into account when purchasing a new/used vehicle is like buying a home not knowing your interest rate.