1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Long island NY prime drivers

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by dubj1313, Mar 27, 2017.

1. dubj1313

dubj1313 New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Just wanted to see if there are any prius drivers from long island NY? And what are your ev mpgs. Driving on LIE.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. ChachabahPrime

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Down here in island park. I take the ocean Parkway to Robert Moses to sunrise to Holbrook (exit 51) everyday. It's a 50 mile commute. I leave my house fully charged, and get to work averaging about 110 MPG. I can't charge at work. When I get home I'm at about 73 MPG. So, 73 MPG average for my 100 mile round trip commute. I cruise control around 64 MPH. What more can I ask?

Merged.

EV MPGs will always be 199.9 MPG, on the LIE or in the Roosevelt Field mall parking lot

#2 ChachabahPrime, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2017
  3. RMORRIS653

RMORRIS653 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I have the Advanced in Huntington. I am 12 miles to work --- I can almost do the commute on electric -- once the weather is warmer I will be able to go further. The car is a lot of fun to drive - my only complaint is the entune app. - I still cannot get the remote Climate to work
    I have had the car since December 10th -- now has 2200 miles on it and I have only put gas it in twice . First tank I got 107 mpg second tank 118 - dong the math - not using the instrument panel which is always wrong.
    Have fun

4. dubj1313

dubj1313 New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Thats awsome.. What are your starting ev numbers.. I get 23.5 on average. Going from ronkonkomanto roslyn i hit 26.7 ev. Im pretty happy with that! Hope it goes up once the weather warms up. If any of you need lever 2 installed i know a guy

5. xtins

xtins New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Nice, where can I learn more about instruments panels? And any tips how to safe more gas? I'm new to the prime advance. Uniondale>Patchogue>Uniondale. 66mi round trip. Since February 5th and I'm still on my second tank since I bought it.