1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

long legs vs. the shift stick

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by timbobo3, Sep 22, 2007.

1. timbobo3

timbobo3 Junior Member

I am 6' 5" tall. 36" inseam. :) Needles to say getting in and out of the car is tricky. :eek: That shift lever is really SHARP. Anyone have experience in removing the plastic handle? It would be nice to just unscrew it but I think it is glued on. Once off, I may want to hack saw the rod down to an inch or less. Suggestions?

2. Tojo

Tojo New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Another option you may want to consider is having your seat moved back further. There have been other threads in the forums about having this done for ppl that need the extra room. I'm right at 6' and there is *just* enough room for me to comfortably get in/out and move around. I can imagine having a couple extra inches being a problem.

I hope this helps!

3. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If you move the seat, I believe there are sensors that also have to be properly positioned for the seatbelt and air bag. There are posts here or on PriusOnLine which go into lengthy discussions of the pros and cons of moving the seat.

4. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Is your seat all the way back? If not, Why not? I'm ' and have mine nearly all the way back. Would probably be all the way back but I find the Prius seats more comfortable with a "Detroit" lean, than vertical. When the seat back is vertical the seats are hard on the spine, I think. I lay back a good 20 degrees.

When is the lever hitting you? and where? and how?
    From the sounds of things this is happening when you are driving, not getting in and I, because for the life of me I can't figure out how to get my knee that high when entering the car!