1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Long-press mode button to pause music

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by Schrauger, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Schrauger

Schrauger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I just discovered that the 'mode' button on the steering wheel will pause music if you long-press it. I'm so glad to have found a way to pause music without using the tiny GUI pause button on the music screen.

I'm sure it isn't an original discovery, but it was novel to me, and I'll be using it all the time from now on. I rarely listen to the radio, so my audio is always on bluetooth mode and I never really need to switch it. Now I just wish that the mode button could be switched to be 'pause' on short press and 'mode' on long press.

illumiN8i likes this.
  2. schja01

schja01 One of very few in Chicagoland

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    You can also pause the radio the same way.

3. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the info. Yeah, I have been driving my PRIME over two years now, but I did not know that functionality. Not that I listen to any audio source, it is nice to be able to pause it without using the touch screen. I will give it a try next time I am on a long trip listening music.