1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Look what followed me home :)

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by kkim, Mar 12, 2012.

1. kkim

kkim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Went to the dealer on Saturday morning to test drive a c that the dealer got in Friday afternoon. LizKauai prebought the first one off the barge... I got the second one sold on Kauai.

Was really looking for a 2, but they only had them in silver and dark grey. We took the 3 for a test drive to see if the wife liked the car. She presently drives an 07 gen 2 Touring, fully loaded, except nav, and she really is missed the backup camera. I liked the smaller feel of the car as the Prius we have now feels large and heavy and handles like a pig in winding mountain roads. The c seems like it will be much better, though I've not yet had the chance to try it there.

Took some doing to convince the wife to get the car... if we didn't, there was another couple lined up after us to buy this particular car.

As we were sitting with the salesman, the silver one had a "sold" sign put up in the window. To say these are selling like hotcakes is an understatement. :p

The couple that lost out on our car was not happy, as the next shipment expected in with cars available will be in May/June. All the cars enroute by ship have already been spoken for.

The car has only been driven from the dealer to home, which is about 13 miles and I averaged 53 mpg. Not bad as my wife can only get 48-50 on her commute on the same roads with her gen 2. I expect her to get 55-60 once she gets the hang of this car.

She's happy, as the car was a birthday gift to her, so I didn't mind springing for a 3 in a color that we both liked. Like they say, happy wife, happy life. :D

Very impressed with the tight, quality feel of the car and I'm looking forward to many years of trouble free, fun times with it. Seems to me, Toyota has a hit on their hands. :thumb:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Nice... great color choice.

3. priusCpilot

priusCpilot Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Wow that color does look nice! If you don't have many hills its can hit 60mpg city which is what I seem to be getting but due to the hills overall when I drive out of the valley I live in im getting low 50s. The handling is very good 500lbs is huge on car and also don't forgot the low center of gravity with parts placement!

4. outhouse

outhouse Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    enjoy you'll love it

even more at the pump.

Mine even knew I was putting gas in and gave me the chance to update fuel prices so the economy $ amount would be accurate

5. HabaneroBomb

HabaneroBomb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Congratulations and welcome to the club!
    Just got mine last Tuesday! Enjoy the drive, and laugh at the gas stations for me!

6. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

Color looks different and very nice!

7. vinnie97

vinnie97 Whatever Works

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Jealous. That was my first color choice but had to settle for metallic gray (afraid to wait due to availability and price gouging concerns).

8. Teacake

Teacake OohShiny

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You have confirmed that one day Summer Rain shall be mine! What a gorgeous color that is in the light. :)

9. formula

formula Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Congratulations. I really love the Summer Rain Metallic, but my fiancee love the black one. :)

10. Jimbo69ny

Jimbo69ny Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    i dont think it was much of a choice. When it comes to cars in high demand you take what they have available.

Nice car and nice color. Good job!

1 person likes this.
  11. formula

formula Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

the sunshine make the curve very beautiful on the C.

12. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    No fair!! I saw them before you guys - in Honolulu - and I gotta wait till April for my Summer Rain (not sure if 1st or 2nd April shipment). So jealous!!;):Cry:

1 person likes this.
  13. kkim

kkim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for the compliments, guys. We really like the car and the color just makes it that much more special to us. Spent yesterday washing and polishing the car. It sparkles even more, now. :cool:

ewaboy- I don't know how true it is, but my salesman said when the dispatcher called and asked if he wanted the 5 cars on the manifest, he took them all and even the Oahu sales guys didn't know about the cars that were sent here. These were obviously part of the March shipment that hit Oahu late Feb/early March. I'm just grateful I ended up with one of my color choices. My other choice would have been Super White, but didn't want to wait until May/June for one to arrive. Besides, my last 3 vehicles have been white, so I felt it was time for a change.

2 people like this.
  14. StarBrite310

StarBrite310 ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    This color looks very pretty and perfect for Hawaii! Matches the sky and ocean well :)

1 person likes this.
  15. LizKauai

LizKauai First PriusC3 owner on Kauai!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    CHEE HOO!!!
    GOOD JOB!!!

Do I know you? 2 yobos got the first two!

Hahahaha!

1 person likes this.
  16. manamania

manamania New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    My wife loves this color so much and she wants to have my Prius color changed. She chose the blue color though but now she wants this Aqua color. Sigh...

1 person likes this.
  17. kkim

kkim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Aloha, Liz! I don't think we've met, but we live in the same town... amazing, yeah? :rockon:

Hope to see you on the road one day and perhaps meet so we can compare notes on the car and perhaps start a" yobo nation of Kauai". Good to see there's another Prius nut on island.

manamania- you have my sympathies. ;)

18. purplewithenvy

purplewithenvy New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Congratulations, that color is just stunning!