1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking at new wheels, Offset question

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by CdotK, Sep 12, 2013.

1. CdotK

CdotK Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    SO i have been looking around for new wheels. 17"
    I notice there are a lot of different offsets. My baseline wheel is the Prius Plus Wheels and from what i see the offset is 43(mm?)
    So my question is should i find a wheel with a offset around that 43mm or is there a better offset to look for?

Example:
    GetYourWheels.com: TSW Wheels TSW Max Matte Black Wheels : Wheel and Tire Packages|Staggered Wheels|Custom Wheels|Luxury Rims

The offset is 35...

Thanks for any help

2. peterjmc

peterjmc Ping pong in Ding Dang...

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    When deciding on what offset to choose, you need to put into consideration the wheel width and offset. Use a tool like Online Wheel & Tyre Fitment calculator. Offset, Tyre stretch and Rolling Radius calculator to compare wheel fitment of your aftermarket wheels to stock.

For your comparison, I'm able to run 18x8.5 wheels with a +48 offset. This setup takes the outside lip of the wheel to the edge of the fender lip. You need to run 215/40/18 tires to avoid wheel rub.

3. CdotK

CdotK Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    ok.. does anyone have the offset and width on the stock 15's?
    Im just looking to do 17x7 wheels... just want to get the correct off set so they sit even with the fender.