1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for a good Prius mechanic north of Boston

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Bostont, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Bostont

Bostont New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm considering buying a used certified pre-owned Prius from a dealer and would like an independent inspection first. Does anyone know of a good one north of Boston? Also, who do you think about me just bringing it for an inception at another Toyota dealer? Do you think this second Toyota dealer would be biased either way?

Thank you

2. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I wouldn't worry too much about finding an independent mechanic to inspect the hybrid components. Rather I'd be more interested in the uni-body and mechanical components and most any mechanic will be capable of assessing these.

I use Toyota of Nashua as my dealership; for 13 years they've been reliable and honest with me. I'm on my third Prius. I'll give them a recommendation if you want the total car inspected. With a CPO, you'll be getting a warranty for a specified period of time and/or mileage. Knowing the details of this warranty is your feel-good cushion should something require repair.

Go to MyToyota.com, enter the vehicle VIN and you can see the dealer maintenance history for your selected car.

winner_downtheline likes this.
  3. winner_downtheline

winner_downtheline Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    What he said!

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! what year and how many miles?

5. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Bisco lives in Boston. He'll fix your car for free. He used to work as Click on that radio show about cars.

bisco likes this.
  6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i'm west, and the only mechanic i know is the one up the street from me. i probably wouldn't give him any serious hybrid stuff, but he can do all the simple stuff people here diy. fluids, brakes and etc.