1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for a Highlander Hybrid Forum

Discussion in 'Toyota Hybrids and EVs' started by M8s, Sep 29, 2014.

1. MTL_hihy

MTL_hihy Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I haven't really considered it myself primarily because up here I need to get heat in the car in winter so my biggest issue for MPG is keeping the heat in the engine/cabin when it's really cold outside. I have really been toying with the idea of someday building a Prius based backup generator setup, maybe even one which could possibly take us off the grid or maybe something that could dovetail well with the new Tesla shingles but need more free time between kids sports and work to tackle these neat projects.

I wish those BMW i3-REx were closer to CRV size, there's definitely a void to be filled for young families that need space to transport kids with hockey bags.

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Rav4 hybrid

3. MTL_hihy

MTL_hihy Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Oops, thought BMW was full plug-in lithium.......that's probably what I'd be looking for in that size (Tesla X is priced ridiculously high).

#43 MTL_hihy, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  4. genchau

genchau Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    @MTL_hihy I'm planning on getting a 2006 HiHy, coming from a 2004 Prius. How bad are the inverters on those cars? Do you know what's the root cause failure on them, some heat-related issues I'm assuming which shorts out the internals? Do you think it'll happen 100% to all the HiHy's in that year model, it's just a matter of time, and how much stress it's exposed to right?

Any luck with creating a HiHY subthread on priuschat? I love priuschat, it has gotten me through problems with my Prius. But I'm ready to move on and get myself an early model Highlander Hybrid.

#44 genchau, Jun 23, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2018
  5. Dylan Doxey

Dylan Doxey Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There is a facebook group.
    www.facebook.com/groups/7344393950/

6. ETP

ETP 2021 Prime(Limit),Highlander HYB Plat,B52-D,G,F,H