1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for a mechanic near Asheville, NC

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Ghirtloin, May 11, 2020.

1. Ghirtloin

Ghirtloin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Hello all.

I just moved into the area of Asheville, North Carolina and my first drive after arriving resulted in the red triangle light coming on as well as the check engine, VSC, and maintenance required lights (maint reqd light came on right before I arrived, but didn't seem to be driving any different).

It drove fine on the journey over. I had the oil changed maybe 1000 miles ago. At about 280k miles currently.

It sounded like it was running a little heavy before those lights came on, and as they did the gas seemed to stop working.

I was able to pull off the road and check the fluids. The oil was clean and pretty full. I checked the coolant to see if it was turbulant and it was; nothing crazy but it was moving.

The rear passenger side vent came on, which is weird because I have never heard it come on previously.

I was able to drive it to friend's house not far down the road and park it there until I figure out what to do.

I am not really sure what the issue is.

I am wanting to take it to a trusted Prius mechanic rather than the dealership and wanted to ask if anyone here knows of any near Asheville, NC.

Any and all advice about diagnosing the issues or figuring out where to take it will be much appreciated.

2. ReadyToRoll

ReadyToRoll Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Are you still in the area and driving a Prius, I am also looking for a mechanic in Greenville or Asheville.
    Thanks

3. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
  4. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is PM working now? Was broke for a long time and is still broken for me and many others.

5. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Sounds like the HV battery is starting to go at mileage and age . It’s time any minute . Lotsa choices if you around on weekends I’m in areas up that way quite a bit .just done a 09 and a 13 in last 90 days. HV batteries that is. 919 892 0363 . Good luck

Another likes this.
  6. ReadyToRoll

ReadyToRoll Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have not done a PM before, will have to see how. Thanks.

7. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Please research thoroughly before assuming anyone else's "trusted" Prius mechanic isn't actually a hack.

ReadyToRoll likes this.