1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for a non-touch screen OEM stock audio unit

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by priusrc, Nov 17, 2015.

1. priusrc

priusrc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have a 2013 Prius two which has the non-nav. touch screen audio unit. I hate the sun glare on it making it hard to see and I hate the screen light at night. I seen somewhere someone had a non-touch screen audio unit. See attached photo.

Any problems you see from doing this? Settings, will I lose them or are their alternative ways to change those settings?

I don't want to go aftermarket as I love the OEM look. Plus aftermarket I will be spending money. I am hoping, fingers crossed, I can sell my unit for more than what I pay for this new one.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. IMkenNY

IMkenNY Im just being nosy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I assume you have hands free Bluetooth for phone calls and music streaming that you would loose going to the older radio.
    Have you considered adding a shade to block the sun from hitting the screen?

3. priusrc

priusrc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I do have the hands free, but hate it. Never use it. I seen the screen blockers, I don't care for the look and its something else to buy. I just wonder if this little idea of mine would work.