1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for a replacement radio for my c2

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by charly keyser, Jun 24, 2013.

1. charly keyser

charly keyser Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    HEllo fellow Prius c owners I am looking for a replacement radio for my c2 that has navigation? I have chatted with a couple of people and just wanted to get some more ideas! I understand the scion bespoke radios and the c3 and c4 are plug and play for the most part. Wanted to hear if anyone had a bad experience installing any certain type and to get recommendations !

2. wmo168

wmo168 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I guess it is a matter of how much you willing to spend and how hard is to find those radio. C3/C4 radio looks more original than the Scion version.

3. charly keyser

charly keyser Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Also I was curious if anyone had tried a different Toyota radio, and or if someone knows if any of the other models like Corolla or Camry will work?

4. wmo168

wmo168 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    They should work but you need a adapter for the face plate

5. ROLOPR

ROLOPR Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Follow this:

Prius C with Corolla Radio | PriusChat

6. KYBlue

KYBlue Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    I'm installing a JVC KWAV61BT this weekend. 6.1" touchscreen, DVD, Android/iPhone integration (including pandora) and optional Sat radio kit. Also does bluetooth audio/music. I did a similar model but higher end for my wife's car which included Mirrorlink for Android support.

The radio is relatively cheap $250ish at Amazon, and then you need the face plat and wiring harness adapter (both cheap at amazon). You can then add a steering wheel controls adapter to keep those, and even later add a rear-view camera to the unit.

I think it's a nice bang for the buck unit and have been happy with past JVC/Kenwood installs.