Looking for advice! Test driving used C

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by mealsonwheels, Apr 7, 2019.

1. mealsonwheels

mealsonwheels New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I am in the market for a used Prius C after my car was totaled last week, and on Tuesday I will be test driving a 2013 Prius C Two with 66k miles and it DOES have an accident on the Carfax-- with appropriate service history.

I have scheduled a pre-sale inspection for Monday, to have a pro look it over before I do. It is sitting with a Toyota dealership-- is the pre-sale inspection overkill?

Any advice for a prospective Prius owner to look out for??

2. davecook89t

davecook89t Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    What part of the car was damaged? Does it have a rebuilt title? (That would invalidate any warranty coverage from the manufacturer.) When buying a used car, I would never think it a waste of money to have the car inspected by an independent, knowledgeable mechanic.
    No matter what the mechanic finds wrong with it, I might be prepared to buy it, if the price is good enough. If nothing else, the inspection report can help you negotiate a better price.

3. mealsonwheels

mealsonwheels New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'm not quite sure about the damage, as it didn't list where the damage was. I will be talking to the dealer about it to see if they have more information.

Thank you for the advice!!

davecook89t likes this.