1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for advice! Test driving used C

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by mealsonwheels, Apr 7, 2019.

1. mealsonwheels

mealsonwheels New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I am in the market for a used Prius C after my car was totaled last week, and on Tuesday I will be test driving a 2013 Prius C Two with 66k miles and it DOES have an accident on the Carfax-- with appropriate service history.

I have scheduled a pre-sale inspection for Monday, to have a pro look it over before I do. It is sitting with a Toyota dealership-- is the pre-sale inspection overkill?

Any advice for a prospective Prius owner to look out for??

2. davecook89t

davecook89t Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    What part of the car was damaged? Does it have a rebuilt title? (That would invalidate any warranty coverage from the manufacturer.) When buying a used car, I would never think it a waste of money to have the car inspected by an independent, knowledgeable mechanic.
    No matter what the mechanic finds wrong with it, I might be prepared to buy it, if the price is good enough. If nothing else, the inspection report can help you negotiate a better price.

3. mealsonwheels

mealsonwheels New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'm not quite sure about the damage, as it didn't list where the damage was. I will be talking to the dealer about it to see if they have more information.

Thank you for the advice!!

davecook89t likes this.
  4. Scubaman

Scubaman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Aqua
    Model:
    Base
    Reply to an old thread - But still a reminder looking at used hybrids...

When determining the cost of your used car, Budget for a replacement battery pack. With the age you could be looking at worn out battery modules. If there is an "expert" who can test the pack for you then you may want to do that.