1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for an alignment shop in San Diego?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mcbrunnhilde, Sep 30, 2006.

1. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Note: The following is being posted on multiple Prius sites, so sorry for the duplication!

I just got new tires on my baby at 40,000 miles (Michelin X-Radials, purchased at Costco), and they recommended the shop below to me. I went there yesterday, and I was very satisfied with their work. I had called them in advance to ask if they would be willing to do an "exact" alignment instead of just "within spec" and they told me that their standard IS an exact alignment. :) I hadn't had one done since I bought the car, and they told me it was out "just a skosh" (which was very likely true since the car tracked well and the tires wore fairly evenly).

I did not get a computer printout since they do the alignments manually, but when I asked about it later they told me that they DO have a machine that will do a printout for when they HAVE to have one (i.e. if an insurance company requires it). If having a printout is important to you, I'm sure you could set that up in advance. The price was reasonable at $53.88 (it was actually $59.86, but I got a $5.98 discount for something--either because I was referred by Costco or maybe it was the type of car) and the alignment carries a 6-month/6,000-mile warranty.

Here's their info:

East County Alignment
    10741 Woodside Avenue (near the corner of Magnolia and Mission Gorge Rd.)
    Santee, CA 92071
    (619) 562-4110
    (866) 562-4110
    http://eastcountyalignment.com/

I am not affiliated with this company in any way, and I get no benefit from this referral--I just wanted to pass on useful information to the Prius community. :)