1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for an electrical/parts diagram for power window system

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Jimbo69ny, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Jimbo69ny

Jimbo69ny Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey everyone,

I am hoping someone out there can help me. I want to add one touch power windows to my RAV4 ev just like I have in my PIP. I am hoping someone knows of where I can find a wiring schematic and parts diagram for the power window system in a PIP.

I know I can buy modules and install them at each switch on the Rav ev but that would only give me fully up or fully down. I like how the PIP works better. You move the switch a little, let go and the window stops there. If you press the switch all the way the window auto closes or opens. I like that there are two options from the same switch.

I already took the switch panel off both my PIP and Rav ev to inspect them. The switches appear to be the same size and style but the harnesses are totally different. The PIP has fewer wires in the harness and they are smaller gauge which leads me to believe they are just signal wires and there is a control module somewhere in the car.

I'd prefer to try to use the parts from a PIP in my Rav ev but if that doesn't work out I'll have to buy the aftermarket window modules and install them in each door.

Amy input would be appreciated.

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    This is for regular 3rd gen, hopefully the same:

Attached Files:

3. Jimbo69ny

Jimbo69ny Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    For some reason I can't check the file on my iPhone. I'll have to look at it when I get home.

Thank you.

4. Mendel Leisk

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I'm having the same problem, since updating to IOS8. Tried another linked pdf on PC, worked ok.

5. Jimbo69ny

Jimbo69ny Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you very much Mendel! I finally had time to look into this and this is an enormous help!!!

Where did you get it? I don't suppose you could get me the same thing for a 2014 RAV4 ev could you? It would be the same as a 2012 Rav 4

6. Mendel Leisk

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    No problem. I've never looked at it myself so far, just using the mechanical info. Glad it's of use to someone.

Sorry, I only have 3rd gen Prius pdf. If you search you may find Toyota Repair Manual for the RAV available, for $10~20.

I'm not averse to purchasing the paper books, but Toyota's books are ridiculously big and expensive, out of reach for the typical owner. ;(

7. KYBlue

KYBlue Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Toyota has an electronic manual system, you can pay a small fee for a day, a week a month of access. I paid for a day or two and downloaded all I wanted/needed when I did the remote start in my C - look into that for what you are attempting.
    Be warned though the auto up/down typically works by current sensing and that function is likely not in the switch module but probably in the BCM. I'm not 100% sure. I've done a ton of auto up/down installs in my time as I was an installer for several years and worked at a large car audio/security manufacturer the first 5 years of my career.

C

8. engineerd

engineerd New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hey any chance you can link the entire pdf? I would love a detailed manual for my PiP.