1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for Gen 3 Prius with dead Hybrid Battery

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Finn Foley, Apr 29, 2023.

1. Finn Foley

Finn Foley New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hello, I recently got a bunch of New hybrid batteries for gen 3 Priuses but I am having so much trouble in finding a gen 3 prius with a bad battery.

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You signed up to just post this?

Paladain55, Grit and Montgomery like this.
  3. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Phising..................?

4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    They're everywhere but people aren't usually dumb enough to just get rid of the car for the hybrid battery now the hybrid battery and the brakes at the same time possibly but most people know now that a lot of this stuff is in as bad as it seems and as bad as it's talked about so people are keeping those cars until they're wrecked and they've trashed the interior and it's way more work than just dropping a battery and going now people are keeping these things and thrashing them like they do a regular old Corolla so by the time they get out of them it's not really worth your trouble to try and clean it up and do whatever because they pretty much handled their business in it they're just not as durable as older car interiors and things like that were all the plastic pieces on the car held together by other plastic pieces that are underneath the car that join everything together once people start smacking all this stuff in the parking curves all the plastics are making their own harmonics in the wind etc etc etc. People with a car with just a bad battery reasonably good cosmetic condition and don't let it be a persona or something like that they still want $6,000 for the car back in my day that car would have been worth $1,500 at best now all of you new breed of folk everything is gone up $4,000 because you're willing to pay but I'm not sure how or why because I see a lot of these cars vanish and then they show up at the junkyard next week when the guy spent $5,000 for the car foolishly and now realize he's got to put another three in it to have a $6,800 car duh. Or people see dollar signs and anything with the Prius or Toyota logo on it in a hybrid signal You know is instantly 18,000 with just isn't the case anymore.