1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for help with Metal clunking noise on Prius C

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Lisa Feingold, May 8, 2013.

1. Lisa Feingold

Lisa Feingold New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Hello all, this is my first post on any forum so forgive me for lack of proper use of acronyms etc. We've been happy owners of a 2012 Prius C for about 9 months now. We've recently noticed some type of heavy metal clunking, like something in the engine compartment fell off. This is happening at least 3 times a week and happens at stop lights or even, most recently 3-5 minutes after the car has been shut off. We plan on taking it to the dealer this weekend to check, but know that it will be impossible for them to replicate the noise as it isn't a persistent issue. Has anyone had anything similar occuring with their Prius C and if so, have you figured out what it was?

Thanks

2. wmo168

wmo168 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Best to take it back at the dealer, I don't think anyone have the same issues otherwise they will reply.

Any news from the dealer?

3. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    If it only happens when you stop or after you shut off the engine, it's possible you're talking about a normal sound for the car. This beast makes a lot of strange noises. I have a metallic clicking when at a stop, and if you stay in the car for a few minutes after shutting off the engine there are all kinds of clicks, pops, clunks, etc. If you can have the dealer check it out, that would be great. If you cannot reproduce the sound at will, maybe carry a recorded and try to catch the sound so you can play it back for the dealer.

4. citroenjohn

citroenjohn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I have to agree with RocMills, these car make all kinds of strange noises. Yesterday while sitting in the car waiting for a lunch date to arrive and my C2 was making all kinds of noises. A week before, went out in the garage to wax it and check fluids. I had left the engine hood open about 8 hours prior. Just as I was to add windshield fluid, the car started singing to me, scared the crap out of me. No complaints though, I really enjoy this car, and surprisingly am starting to see quite a few here in mid-Michigan.

thedarave likes this.
  5. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    She was letting you know that she was happy to see you again. :)

carolD, BigWIll and minkus like this.