1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for input on installing Fog lights on 2015 v four

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by chocsox, Dec 27, 2015.

1. chocsox

chocsox New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Yes, I know I should've bought model 5 but I didn't so :(

I've done the HID conversion and I'm currently inching to install some fog lights. Have anyone from the forum done this on their 2015 model??

I've seen the fog lights for sale in the shop but I have verified they are not for 2015 model.

Thanks,
    Tony

#1 chocsox, Dec 27, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  2. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Why fog lights as opposed to Daylight Running Lights? Or do you have those already?

I ask because we have had fog here for the last 10 mornings, sometimes quite dense. And I don't find I need fog lights at all where the DRLs make me more visible at dawn and dusk. I live in a semi-rural environment where folks pulling out onto the main road where I am are the danger. I also live in a narrow, unlit, winding, tree lined area.

3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Do you want foglights primarily for looks, or do you want them for actual use during inclement weather?

If the former, any low cost oem type Toyota foglight kit will fit. You will need to buy the lower grill with the foglight openings to install the foglights.

If you want functional driving lights that have a sharp, clean cutoff that prevents glare to oncoming traffic and drivers in front of you, then get these:

Projector Fog lights (BOLT ON) finally! | PriusChat

You will still need to get the lower grill with the foglight openings and a cheap foglight kit for the dashboard switch and the wiring harness, but they are only about $40 on eBay.