1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for Leather Console Cover on New 2014 Three

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by LOLGuy, Jul 20, 2014.

1. LOLGuy

LOLGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My new Three (and third Prius overall) came with dealer installed leather (Southern United Group, LLC, "Eco-Friendly Leather Seating") in light gray (original cloth was Misty Gray). Seats look great but neither the center console nor door panels were covered. Doors seem like a pain to address but I'd really like to cover the console. Any suggestions? Thanks

2. Squirt

Squirt Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Here's my suggestion: Covering each of the door panels is about the same amount of effort as covering the console cover, so get some decent vinyl stock and do it all. The cloth door panels just scream "cheap" and are prone to get filthy.

I just installed a Katzkin leather kit (made for a 2010-2011) in my 2014. The console cover was slightly different so I needed to improvise, but it really wasn't that difficult. In any case, I recommend finding some quality vinyl sheet on eBay or somewhere locally and cover everything yourself. The Katzkin kit uses vinyl for these surfaces, and the result is great. Note that this is a somewhat challenging job to get good results, so if you're not comfortable, you could get estimates from some local upholstery shops. This should be a walk in the park for a professional.

Whatever you do, don't be tempted to get one of those slip-on covers like they use with the Clazzio kits. The console cover is one of the worst pieces of that kit, because it generally fits like a loose condom.

Oh, and a tip for when you're ready to cover the console: The cloth-covered section of the lid is only anchored in place by clips. You just need to yank(hard) on the front-rear of this section with the lid closed, and it will come off.

PriusVIP likes this.