1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for Prius Limited with HUD

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Richard Schraudner, Jul 25, 2022.

1. Richard Schraudner

Richard Schraudner Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Although my 2012 is going strong at 106k I’ve got the urge to move up. The HUD is quite a goal as I will need to check off all the packages to get there. So be it.

Any thoughts on how I can acquire a Prius Prime AWD with HUD before my grandchild has a grandchild.

big thanks

bisco likes this.
  2. schja01

schja01 One of very few in Chicagoland

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    AWD Prime? Not sure that exists.

3. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Maybe better to wait for the Gen5 Prius (and Prius Prime). Even if you get on the waiting list now, chances are that you won't get it before the Gen5 is released.

4. MalachyNG

MalachyNG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    No AWD on the Prime but it is available on the regular Prius LE and XLE. I don't believe they offer an AWD in Limited trim but some of the packages should still have HUD.

The northeast US tends to get plenty of AWD priuses and Primes. They're both hard to find right now. You may need to cast a very wide net and get on waitlists with a few dealerships. I don't think I've seen a single Limited trim Prime come though either of the closest dealerships to me and I've checked in on them since just summer. Even after I got my 22 Prime last fall I've been seeing if they have any reasonably priced Tundras (they haven't. And one dealer now has a $750 markup on every new car). They usually get 1 or 2 Primes every month or 2 but only seen LE and XLE

5. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    As stated, no AWD on the Prime. The rear motor on the Prius is less than 8hp. It'll help on starts and low speeds, but it is far from other AWDs in capabilities.

HUD is on the Limited Prius and Prime. If you want an AWD Prius and HUD, you'll need the XLE with a package.

6. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The only Prime AWD is the RAV4, but it's going to be sticky. The HUD is available as part of the Premium Package and only available on the XSE trim. You are looking at $50,000+ and good luck finding a dealer without a markup. That being said most of the local dealers have only the $50,000+ trim for sale as the SE trim are taken before they show up. If you are going to be spending that much money you might be in the range of a Lexus NX 450h+ if any are available.

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    best thing is to email all the dealers your willing to do business with. make sure it is in stock, and put a deposit over the phone.
    ny seems to be one of the better areas to find one in stock.

all the best!