1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for Prius Mechanic in Long Beach Ca

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by wwinters, Aug 5, 2015.

1. wwinters

wwinters Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Replacing the hybrid battery reminded me my 06 is due for inverter and transaxle drain and fill. I don't have the tools / knowhow to do it myself and both my local dealers have irritated me to the point I don't want to give them business. (I understand you have to make money but when I ask if you can cut me a small discount or throw in a free oil change to sweeten the deal don't look me in the eye saying the $230 for transaxle drain and fill is discounted, the going rate is $400 then get irritated when I question the validity of the statement)

So can anyone recommend an independent mechanic around the Long Beach California area? I thought I saw a discussion with recommendations for mechanics but can't seem to find it again and only remember reading LA places listed.

#1 wwinters, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
    sfv41901 and Burna J like this.
  2. Burna J

Burna J Knot Right Performance....

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    PM @sfv41901. He'll be over my house this Saturday working on other member's cars. Maybe he could help you out....

sfv41901 and wwinters like this.