1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for smart key aftermarket options

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Friendlyx, May 23, 2018.

1. Friendlyx

Friendlyx Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Hey everyone! Basically, I had a 2006 Prius, where i could lock and unlock the doors through the back. I recently bought a 2015 and it only has the unlock and lock button in the driver side. Is there any options/ways to get this on the back?

2. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    @sfv41901 have done this conversion i believe.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    the wiring is in there, but you have to install all the antennae and etc. a very time consuming, tedious, laborious project. someone detailed it here in a thread if you can find it.

4. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Is the wiring in there? mhmm.. ive been planning adding keyless entry on my moms 2016 Auris, but the wiring was not in there as they r on the higher trim levels. I dont even know if it got the module...

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    don't know about auras, unsure about prius, i thought so, but maybe that's what made it such a project.

6. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yea i think so, according to @sfv41901 it doesnt come pre-wired (and according to me lol, i check on my moms auris, it wasent pre wired), toyota actually wasted money developing a new wirenet just for the lower trim models that doesnt have keyless acces...

7. ITBland

ITBland Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  8. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I found the connector to the keyless module behind the glovebox, so it is sort of pre wired. Our auris doesnt have keyless even ont he front door, like really.... pay 30 000 dollars for car and u dont get keyless entry as standard... some BMW BS is going on.
    On toyotas before, every car came with keyless entry on the drivers door, but u had to go one trim up to get it on all doors. Now (apparently after their co operation with BMW with the i8 and supra). non of their cars comes standard with keyless entry... Just like BMW`s 60 000 dollars 3-series that doesnt come standard with comfort access... Not even the M5 comes standard with it...
    Gonna have to do some more research and find out what part numbers i need and such, its so much easier getting parts prius cause that model is world wide, while the Auris only exists in Europe.