1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for SoCal dealer that will go below MSRP

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by forte88, Nov 16, 2009.

1. forte88

forte88 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I just found a buyer for my 05 Prius, and am looking at getting a new 2010 by the end of January. I've been to several dealers in the past few months around SoCal inland Empire; Hemet, Moreno Valley, Indio, and Riverside, and none seemed interested in selling for less than MSRP. Does anyone know of a Dealer that actually will give me a good deal?

2. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I will!
    Reach me at my tag line #'s below!
    Dianne

3. gramps

gramps Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    forte,

Not to steal Diane's thunder, she comes highly recommended,
    there were 3 dealers in San Diego that have been advertising under MSRP on a few models $2000 off (IV or Vs ) and another offering $1500 under for a model IV and a few dealers under MSRP on II & IIIs.
    1 was Mossy Toyota in Pacific Beach, another dealer dealing is Poway Toyota (check with Internet manager Dan) and Kearney Mesa Toyota(sp)
    I bought my 09 pkg 5 at Mossy Toyota in Jan. 09 for $3400 under MSRP from Joe Price
    good luck :cool:

4. DianneWhitmire

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I still don't think anyone in SoCal will beat by current pre-Thanksgiving pricing. I'm celebrating my birthday (on the 19th of November) by giving everyone else a heckuvadeal while I have great selection!! :cheer2:

We don't add a buncha junk to cars either. Just the mats, and at times, a rear bumper applique - always port installed. No one forces chrome rims or lojack or other extras you haven't planned to take - in order to inflate the MSRP and make your discount look great big...

5. Ct. Ken V

Ct. Ken V Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Dianne,

Happy birthday!! I don't think there are any other 19-yr old car sales people who can offer the great deals you do!! You're so young & sweet to us here. Actually, I think I understand that you mean your birthday is on Thursday the 19th, but I just thought I'd try a compliment (for both you & your deals) to try to cheer you up after that shipping fiasco you had with UPS/Mailboxes recently.

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)

6. DianneWhitmire

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Forever 19, Ken! :D In my mind, that is. Ha!

7. forte88

forte88 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks for the info Gramps (I will be looking into your suggestions), and thanks for e-mailing me back dianne. My birtday is the 22nd of this month (the big 50 this year), so we could celebrate our birthdays together, and perhaps give each other a nice present for the holidays too.

8. gramps

gramps Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The dealer in Poway has a free lifetime power train warranty, I did not find out until after I bought mine at Mossy Toyota (buyers remorse)

9. stklee

stklee New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Happy Birthday Dianne!! Dianne is awesome, if she is in Austin, I would buy all my Toyotas from her.

10. going red baby!

going red baby! still a n00b

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Check with Ali Sepehri at Toyota of Hollywood. I got a sweet deal on mine. Made the deal in July, they honored it yesterday when my car arrived. If he's not in ask for Reza. Tell them Nina sent you. No pressure, no hard sales tactics.

11. gramps

gramps Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

This weekends newspaper advertised $2500 off MSRP (4 vehicles available) I think it was Kearny Mesa Toyota and they were advertising a Pkg II for $21,900 something and the other 2 dealers I mentioned earlier (Mossy Toyota in Pacific Beach and Poway Toyota)were advertising $1500 and $2000 off MSRP. I've bought cars from all 3 dealers and my only complaint was the finance guy at Mossy Toyota he was a little insulting, I almost walked out on him when I was buying my 09 Prius ($3400 under MSRP) in Jan 09.
    :rockon: