1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for sound advice

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Trevor Grigsby, Sep 4, 2022.

1. Trevor Grigsby

Trevor Grigsby New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Ok guys! First post here. Hope everything is Well

first I’m going to list any details I think you’d need about the car itself, then I’m going to list the audio I HAVE,
    And finally lost what I am looking for, all in one shot, TIA for your time

1. ok, 2010 Prius 3 with a yellow top optima battery, refurbished fully working main battery , almost 200k miles, zero electrical issues, no light dim, you get it… car is in working order other that small mechanical needs.

2 I have the non nav jbl system, have replaced the front and back speakers with pioneer 6x9 and 6.5, 300w/200w max rms. Still stock tweeters and head unit. Have a LOC off the factory amp to a Rockford fosgate 12” 300w max rms powered sub combo (love it)

3. What I am aiming for is to keep that sub and CAN I also install a 4 ch or a 2 ch (your recommendations please) amp to power the door speakers while retaining the use of the sub

Thank you for your time.

2. Trevor Grigsby

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I should
    Mention I am indifferent as to whether I have to bypass or keep the factory amp, o am just looking for the best advice with minimal
    Power draw

3. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You will get ground noise if you leave the stock amp hooked up to any speaker you also run the 4ch from.

4. Trevor Grigsby

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

My end goal is to just install
    A head unit; haven’t decided on single din or double yet, and just run the rca to the aftermarket amp for the door speakers and use the rca preamp to run my sub, total removal
    Of factory amp
    can I just remove it, physically ? I’m sure there’s a harness from metra or something that will allow this ?

5. UNCLBONZ

UNCLBONZ Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You can install a Pac amp pro and bypass the factory amp . It has both digital and optical outputs. See my post on this page

Rick