1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for upgraded coils and shocks

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Jose Reyes, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Jose Reyes

Jose Reyes Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm looking for a upgrade to the coil overs in my 2008 Prius Standard with navigation. Do the touring suspension significantly improve the handling? Anyone have any success with ebay alternatives? After driving a Fiat 500 it makes the gen2 and gen3 a little challenged in the handling department. Car has 110k miles and is otherwise perfect.

2. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I haven't driven a standard suspension model enough to give feedback on whether the touring suspension is a significant upgrade, but I will say that the touring suspension really isn't something I really consider "sporty".

SFO and Jose Reyes like this.
  3. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    ok I see you have a 2008 too. really, replace the sway bars (and front bushings) with corolla used bars before you do anything else. that will make a huge difference for not much $, and then you can decide if you need to mod it more.

NortTexSalv04Prius and SFO like this.
  4. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Are those bolt on’s

I Have looked at the front link and it looks challenging.

5. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    the rear is super easy. 2 bolts. the front is a bit difficult; you definitely need to be good with tools, or have a mechanic friend, but it can be done in the driveway with jack stands and a floor jack.

6. Jose Reyes

Jose Reyes Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Just ordered the front sway bar. Needed to replace the catalytic bolts anyway. I was looking at the corolla xrs and wonder if the springs would fit the prius.