1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking to Buy Extra 15" Wheels for 2008 Prius

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by CMV, Feb 2, 2012.

1. CMV

CMV New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm looking to buy an extra set of wheels for my 2008 Base Model Prius w/ 15" rims. I don't need anything too fancy since it would just be for the winter.

2. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I suggest you buy used Corolla steel rims. They are the most cost efficient.

3. ataylorracing

ataylorracing ataylorracing

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I bought used 2009 rims from a JY for $85 each that had good TPMS on them. You could get new low cost rims from the Tire Rack and put on a set of new sensors from Rock Auto.

The rims start out at only $69 for the Elbrus 105, but I like the MSW Type 14 better, but the 105s are darn light.
    Wheels for 2008 Toyota Prius

A DORMAN Part # 974033 TPMS is $58.99....I was told at the parts dept locally that all the Prius 07-12 models use the same part number. The rims from 05-06 cars that do not have the sensors are also the same rim as the 07-09....the TPMS will interchange. I did research on this so a pal could put snows on an extra set of rims. We found two good 09 rims and two that we got for free since they were BADLY broken...but the sensors were good. We did some searching and found two rims from an 06. He moved the sensors to the rims that had none and Tire Barn reset the system on the car for $10. He got the two 09s for $85 each and the 06 ones for $65. The JY did not knoe if the sensors would fit onto the older rims, but I let them know that the part numbers for the rims were the same.