1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking to buy used

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by zmcke526, Feb 5, 2010.

1. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I never put the fob in the slot. It will work as far away as the back seat. I recommend that you inflate your tires & block your grill for better FE. Enjoy the car.

2. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I have an '04 package 7 with 104K miles. I've been very happy with it. Other than routine maintenance, I've replaced the 12v battery last fall and 2 sets of tires.

3. Son of Gloin

Son of Gloin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    First of all, zmcke526 ... I'm pleased you found my input helpful. Sometimes, I tend to take things TOO literally, but "DON'T TOW" seems pretty straightforward to me!

Second of all ... congrats on your purchase. As the 2008 model year is not included -- so far ... knock on wood! -- in ANY of the current recalls, I doubt any recent and unwarranted decrease in value or potential re-sale value will be long lasting. By the time a gallon of gas gets back up to $4.00 -- as I believe it will before the end of next year -- everyone will have forgotten about all the largely media-hyped issues Toyotas-in-general have been slammed with of late!

And lastly, regarding the FOB ... I'm probably one of the very few 2nd Gen Prius owners who ALWAYS puts it in the slot. I just like the idea of knowing where it is at all times. I believe the 3rd Gen Prius doesn't even HAVE a slot so, if-or-when I get a newer one -- and I plan to do so within 18 months or so -- that will really take some getting used to ....

4. zmcke526

zmcke526 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Son of Goin,

Thanks for your post. I asked the dealer about the hitch when I test drove it before we bought the 2008. He showed me that there were no light hook up which he said means it was used just for bike rack. He did offer to see if he could get a hold of the orginal owners to ask them but after driving both the cars i relized I enjoyed the 2008 more. I should note that the 2007 did in fact have the camera. The funny thing is that before we took it out for a test drive I asked him about it and told him that it should have one. He told me that only the cars with the nav unit had the back up cam (made me chuckle). I checked the listing for the 2007 today and saw that they added the backup cam to the options.

On a different note the 2008 did not come with mats. Who doesn't order mats with there car. For the time being I have some cheap 10 dollar mats in the car but I did place an order for the prius mats. I never thought I would pay $100 for car mats.