1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking to Identify this connector/part

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Quevernick, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Quevernick

Quevernick New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Currently replacing the brake actuator on a 2006 prius, I bought it recently and have found a connector that has cut/frayed wires after I got the inverter off. Trying to identify it and determine if the connector is still on the car and if I can just splice it back on. But first I have to figure out what it is. Here is a picture with the sensor/connector I need help figuring out what it is.

Attached Files:

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hold on a sec I got a 2006 sitting out disassembled with the brake actuator pump accumulator thingy out and I can see right down there something looks all okay there actually

4. Quevernick

Quevernick New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That side looks ok but when I follow those wires to the other side which I assume should be a connector its pulled out of the connector or been eaten by mice or something. Without know what part that is I dont really know where to look for the other end of the plug, Its a rather long set of wires and so far I have been unsuccessful in locating the other end.

5. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I'm not sure what wires were following. What I have here on the side of my '06 is that black hose going into the head that gold metal hose going under that the gray plug which is your O2 sensor upstream then there are two temp sensors that are in the head One is black and one is regular metal and threaded in One has a white connector the threaded in unit has a gray connector and then there's a dummy connector that's plugged into a gray box that's just below the ground straps which are right to the left of the white plugged temp sensor this corrugated tube that you have running down behind the gold pipe I do not have I wish I could picture it and put it up for you but it does not exist in this car and this car is a tourer

6. Quevernick

Quevernick New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Heres a better overall picture. The wire loom that is missing the connector is in my hand and connects to an orange "sensor" or something that i've tried to highlight in red.

Attached Files:

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  8. Quevernick

Quevernick New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So I went to the junkyard today to see if I could find the part on another prius and follow it back to a connector or at least pull it off and identify it before I try to pull off mine. Didn't find it on the 2 - 2005's, 2007, or a 2008, did pick up another actuator off the 2008. Looks similar, have to look it up and see if its the same part.