1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Loose Cable Behind Glove Box

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by TheWhiteWedge, Dec 16, 2022.

1. TheWhiteWedge

TheWhiteWedge New Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Hello All, I recently had some work done to my 2022 Prius where they had to take apart the entire dashboard to fix this clicking sound behind the driver side dash. They finally fixed it, but recently, I saw this cable hanging from behind my glove box.
    Does anyone know what it is or if it should be plugged into anything or perhaps attached to something? I am thinking of taking the glove box out and checking what it is tonight, but would certainly like some advice to figure out what it is or if maybe I should take it to the dealer to have them check it out?

Attached Files:

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    all cars get the same wiring harness. a loose cable may simply mea you don't have the option it was intended for.
    if it should be connected, you will eventually notice something is not working.

it wouldn't hurt to contact the dealer and ask

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    That myth has probably led to countless disappointments among people who want to add some feature to their cars and think it will be easy, only to learn that Toyota absolutely does build variants of wiring harnesses, and often several different variants for different trim levels and packages.

Do they also sometimes share harnesses, or build in some connections for options that aren't always there? Yes, they sometimes do that too. But it's nowhere near always; a look through the wiring diagram or parts catalog will show lots of harness variations.

Mambo Dave and Doug McC like this.
  4. TheWhiteWedge

TheWhiteWedge New Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    EDIT: Looks like it was the glove box light! I have reinstalled it (took less than 10 mins) and it works just fine. Thanks all for your input!

5. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Catalog Figure 82-02, Wiring & Clamp, shows nine different versions of the instrument panel wire harness (82141) for 2022 Prius cars.

For future readers of this thread: the Electrical Wiring Diagram (more info) shows two option connectors that could be in the same general area:
    • F62, for a remote engine starter, is a five-terminal connector, with only two terminals connected, with white and pink wires
    • F63, for a glass breakage sensor (microphone), is a two-terminal connector with violet and red wires

Doug McC likes this.