1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Los Angeles Area owners, good service (allignment)?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by jig, Jul 16, 2007.

1. jig

jig New Member

We have a 2004, and have been taking it to the dealer for service. Their quality of workmanship has steadily declined, culminating in an over tightening of the brakes in the last adjustment, and our MPG plummeting to 41mpg.

i'd like to take it to a local shop that has some experience with priuse, or at the very least get some recommendations for a good alignment shop.

thanks.

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    In what part of L.A. are you looking?

3. Nda3rdCar

Nda3rdCar Junior Member

:eek:

I recently posted my problems with Santa Monica Toyota service department. (Over charging for scheduled servicing) Lots of people replied and I eventually went to a dealership recommended by a co-worker who also owns a Prius. Even though it was quite a drive, Bob Smith Toyota in La Crescenta (spelling?) which is not far from where the 2 meets the 210. It's a smaller dealership that seems to have a great service department. I'm taking our Prius there from now on. I know mine was just a 15K service, not an allignment, but I had a good experience there and I saved a lot of money over using Santa Monica. Good Luck. - Nda3rdcar

4. jig

jig New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Jul 16 2007, 09:55 AM) [snapback]479647[/snapback]</div>
    we live near where the 605 meets the 60. does anyone suggest longo toyota? up till now, we have been going to tustin toyota (where we bought it).

5. KD6HDX

KD6HDX New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Longo Toyota rules. We have purchased two cars from them over the years. They have a SUBWAY, and a Starbucks inside. I always recommend them to people who ask if I know of a good dealer.

6. jig

jig New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KD6HDX @ Jul 16 2007, 10:21 AM) [snapback]479667[/snapback]</div>
    a good dealer for service?

7. KD6HDX

KD6HDX New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius